Price for plasterer

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
truebrit
Resident

Price for plasterer

Postby truebrit » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:40 am

Can anyone give me an idea on the cost of employing a professional plasterer. Do they charge hourly, daily.?

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Price for plasterer

Postby country boy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 am

Plasterers usually come as a team and charge per job.....access, difficulty, preparation etc make estimates very difficult except for new build.

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:06 pm

We have just had quite a large job done. The area was prepared so it was just plastering. Qoute was 6 euros a sq m. We were so pleased with the end result which included many external corners and rustic features that we gave them 20 percent more. On reflection we were fortunate to get them to do the work.

el.once
Tourist

Postby el.once » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:15 am

Both previous replies sum it up very good. If it is not only a 20 m2 job (don't know exactly where they put the limit), they charge per m2, although usually the corner-guards ("guarda vivos") are charged extra, per piece. In case it is a small job, they will give you a fix price.

truebrit
Resident

Postby truebrit » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:53 pm

Thanks for the comments. Think I now need to ask if anyone knows of professional plasterers who could give me a quote for the work we want done. I live in the Velez Malaga area. Thanks