Land Stabilization

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
StevieH

Land Stabilization

Postby StevieH » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:17 am

I have a house in Sanlucar de Barrameda and wonder if anyone has had any stabilization of land and re-leveling of property done. Myself and others have won a court case against our builder and architect and now must move on to repair our properties which have had land movement which damaged the houses.
We would like advice of anyone who has had similar issues and know of any Structural Engineer (Architect) and any companies that deal with these issues.

ajtg1952
Resident

Re: Land Stabilization

Postby ajtg1952 » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:06 am

Not a lot to go on. Preventing further movement by under pinning the structure is often the only option. Unless the building has been specifically designed to be re-levelled then the chances are the structural stiffness of the house will be inadequate. Even a heavily reinforced raft could fail in shear if jacked up.
Sorry not to be more positive but buildings just don't like being moved!

StevieH

Re: Land Stabilization

Postby StevieH » Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:11 am

Cheers for the reply :-)
Yeah, the houses are on rafts. We've had the survey's and know what's wrong, we just need some company to fix it. I have a friend who was in the building industry, he advises I need to inject resin to level the house but first I need to stabilise the land movement. I need a company who can do it preferably that someone on the forum can recommend