Drive repair in the campo

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Drive repair in the campo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:22 pm

So the drive to my house in the campo is rough to say the Least. It serves my house and one other. So what are the legalities of having it re concreted ? It seams from what I can gather is that it could be difficult to obtain a license. It was a concrete drive to start but it’s now broke up an needs re doing

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Drive repair in the campo

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

I doubt that you would need a licence to simply repair an existing private drive (jointly with your neighbour), although the town hall will no doubt be more than happy to sell you a licence.

What you should do, however, is ensure that the old concrete is properly disposed of, if dug up. Ad hoc burial of such waste is apparently no longer tolerated, even on your own land. Is 'concreting over' a possibility, using the old as the foundation?
Last edited by TorreDelAguila on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:19 pm

and beware the "it's cheaper to use a mixer" cowboys - one day to shutter it off (after clearing the old rubble) then a premix load or two rather than days of shovelling and laying to maximise their labour income!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

ajtg1952
Resident

Postby ajtg1952 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm interested in this. My track is dreadful though only 400m long. It has never been concreted and at best it gets scraped after heavy rain. Only me and one other, 800m further on than mine. The track is used heavily by olive farmers and the tractors do a lot of damage. The track is not shown on the Catastral. There are a couple of areas I would like to concrete but have no idea what permissions, if any, I need to get. The main problem is drainage or total lack of it.
I am trying to sell my house and the state of the track is a big stumbling block with potential viewers.

Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:16 pm

TorreDelAguila wrote:I doubt that you would need a licence to simply repair an existing private drive (jointly with your neighbour), although the town hall will no doubt be more than happy to sell you a licence.

What you should do, however, is ensure that the old concrete is properly disposed of, if dug up. Ad hoc burial of such waste is apparently no longer tolerated, even on your own land. Is 'concreting over' a possibility, using the old as the foundation?
We move in April 2nd. Taking advice fro our local Abagado. I’ll report back when I know more. From what I can make out, repair is the key word

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:17 pm

Check with your local abogado and perhaps also with friendly folk at the town hall as new residents using it as a means of introducing yourself ... ask if perhaps the local authority do repairs from time to time on your road - we were surprised after we moved in and kept our 4x4 vehicle, that they check all the roads giving access to properties, even in the campo, for running repairs - usually a scrape, and infill with a bit of gravel, but may do culverting and concreting where it becomes necessary. If it is really bad, they make it a priority but usually the work is done around May-time ... but not always!! Of course different town halls will have different opinions as to which roads come within their remit ... is your "drive" privately owned on private land, or is it considered an access road to your and your neighbours property?
In our experience even a private drive needs planning permission - obra menor - as minor works, even if just re-concreting. A relatively small fee is required by the town hall cadastral department, based on a percentage of the perceived cost of the work (Estimate from builder, or guess if you are doing it yourself), and our chap usually comes round as well to check on what you want doing ... but actually getting the permit is relatively straightforward.

Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Sat May 26, 2018 6:55 am

We’re still awaiting our license. Phew.

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sat May 26, 2018 6:19 pm

You are within your rights to go and give them a prod about the licence ... if only to ask when it is likely to be approved, and perhaps you can be getting on with the work? Worked a treat for us ... and you get to know the staff in the catastal office too!

Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:45 am

Finally after five months the licenses have been signed and permission granted. Just have to wait fir the clerk to issue them. :shifty:

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:16 pm

Keep them warm, but in a friendly fashion! Congratulations!
By the way, since it seems to be a shared drive, are you sharing the cost with the other property owner?
Is it a full re-working, or just a bit of a re-surface, that has been agreed? Your contractor for the works, if you have one, might know the clerk and be able to get it through ... ?
Good luck .... you might even get it done before the winter rains !!!

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:28 pm

I'm interested in this, there is a track which leads to our property and the track runs directly through our land which splits it into two lots, it stipulates on the nota simple that the track can not be obstructed and nothing can be planted on it, not that we would want to because it gives us an access to the rear of the property albeit a long way round. There is a lake just over the other side of the hill and the water board have access to come through our land in order to carry out works where there is a large pipe which diverts water to other properties. My question is who is responsible for repair of the track, i assumed it was ours but if the water board need to use it to carry out their works would they not share responsibility?

Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:28 pm

We own the top part of th drive and another three houses use it. We are only doing the area top,of the road to our property. This will be a major improvement for everybody. We run a Casa rural so we wante the drive to be an easy drive down to our property. Currently it is a little disconcerting. Yes we are footing the bill because we just wanted it done and was told at the point of sale that we would have to pay for it so we negotiated the cost out of the property. At the same time we applied for our internal drive to be done, which has also been approved. We’re just really happy to be able to move forward again after a long wait.

Nicknjh23
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Nicknjh23 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:31 pm

Pamela1 wrote:I'm interested in this, there is a track which leads to our property and the track runs directly through our land which splits it into two lots, it stipulates on the nota simple that the track can not be obstructed and nothing can be planted on it, not that we would want to because it gives us an access to the rear of the property albeit a long way round. There is a lake just over the other side of the hill and the water board have access to come through our land in order to carry out works where there is a large pipe which diverts water to other properties. My question is who is responsible for repair of the track, i assumed it was ours but if the water board need to use it to carry out their works would they not share responsibility?
Maybe a case of asking. But if it’s yours and you have to allow access then I would guess that the argument would be that you own it so they would expect you to repair it. Maybe if it got really bad you would have a case to ask for a contribution

Pamela1
Andalucia Guru

Postby Pamela1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:54 pm

I thought this might be the case, the other reason why i question it.. is because.. both the nota simple and the cadastral disagree with the square mtrs of land to the property and this was pointed out at the notary. The previous owner said he thought the difference was because of the track.All sounds complicated and it led us to believe that the waterboard might own it but we have not as yet queried this, possibly because it is not in bad repair so it hasn't become an issue..shall look into it though.