Benajarafe/Rincon/Velez Malaga Builder recommendation needed

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Benajarafe/Rincon/Velez Malaga Builder recommendation needed

Postby elscouser » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi everyone,

Any recommendations for honest, competitively priced builders in these areas for a small extension and pool. Ideally Spanish (language no problem) and who can gain the permissions etc - we are in UK still so will be easier if the builder can take care of this.

Thanks in advance

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Benajarafe/Rincon/Velez Malaga Builder recommendation needed

Postby costakid » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:42 pm

If you get no joy on here have a drive up to the various builders merchants in the area like Cano. Tradesmen going in and out all day long. You could chat to a few and you should get a feel if they know what there talking about.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:04 pm

Assuming you are in the Velez Malaga area then I suggest, if you can't go yourself, is to get someone who you can trust to visit the planning department at Velez Malaga Ayuntamiento and ask can you get permission for your proposed works for where you live.
I suspect that you might not get permission they seem to have, or had, a ban on most new works.
A builder is likely to say no problem and carry out the work but you and not he will be liable for the fine.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:23 pm

thanks guys, a really good Spanish builder i know (but who has far too much on) seems to think permissions will be fine and a few houses over on my urb have just built a huge ext and pool (legally) so im hoping will be ok

Gerry you are close to me - do you know a good one?

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:26 pm

elscouser wrote: Gerry you are close to me - do you know a good one?
No sorry I don't as I do my own minor building works.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:18 pm

Gerry’s advice is spot on. Dont believe anyone who says you will get permission unless it is someone in the town hall planning department.

There is only one thing more stressful than building a pool and extension and that is filling it in and demolishing the extension, plus of course paying the fine.

How do you know that your neighbours pool etc is legal? Have you seen his building licence and final construction notice, or the new escritura that should include it?

Sid

elscouser
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby elscouser » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:22 pm

yeah appreciate all that, one neighbour is a friend but the big build was far too big to illegally (well you would think so anyway!) The Spanish builder I know is trustworthy but too expensive and busy and he doesn't seem to think it will be a prob......but yeah you are right, ultimately we just need to check with ayuntamiento!

swerve
Resident

Postby swerve » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:59 pm

We only want to replace our patio to the same foot print and have got to have an architect's report and get a building licence. Do it right for your own peace of mind.
It always seems imposible until its done. Nelson Mandela