Cuacho with fibre

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
Tom W
Andalucia.com Amigo

Cuacho with fibre

Postby Tom W » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:57 pm

We've been advised to paint a tiled roof with cuacho and a layer of geotextile, although so far I can only seem to get rolls of fibreglass matting rather than geotextile. However I wondered if anyone has used the guacho con fibre, rubberised paint with fibres already mixed in, and if that was any good? I'm assuming that it would be a lot easier to use than the roll of fibre but not sure if the end result will be as long lasting.

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cuacho with fibre

Postby country boy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:34 pm

Caucho con Fibre is very good on concrete roofs but I think on a tiled roof you would definately need the matting, there just iisn't enough "body" in caucho alone for Tiles.
Just a thought...are you talking about a flat tiled roof as in balcony by any chance rather than the pitched roof I am envisaging? If so Caucho woould do that.

Tom W
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Tom W » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:39 pm

Thanks Country Boy. Ah, yeah it is a pitched roof, very shallow pitch mind you but sloping with curved tiles. It had been painted once before we bought it and we're just about give it another few coats before putting some solar panels on it to be on the safe side.
Interesting to see we both joined within 4 days of each other a shocking 15 years ago!

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:05 pm

So we did!
I have to say that the 19 years we have been down here have flown by...same for you no doubt! Good luck with the roof

Evelyn
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Evelyn » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:26 pm

We have it on a flat tiled roof but reading your post I think you are referring to a main roof.

Tom W
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Tom W » Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:32 pm

Yes Evelyn, it's on a sloping roof. All be it a very shallow slope which is likely to be the reason it had leaked in the past.