Leroy Merlin - Little Faith

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
telboy
Resident

Leroy Merlin - Little Faith

Postby telboy » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:42 pm

Haven't had great service in the past from this store, but what can you do when there is no real alternative. I am equal distance from both the LM stores in Granada (Nevada Centre) and Malaga. Three weeks ago I ordered a bathroom unit with sink at the Granada store, I went to collect it yesterday I checked labelling on both boxes they matched the order number and product model name etc. After arriving home I opened the box for the sink unit and discovered the wrong model inside, there is no evidence that the box had been opened previously.

I would prefer to return item to the Malaga store as there is likely to manned desks for returned items/tool-hire which is not the case at the Granada store between 2pm & 5pm. I can't find any info on the LM site about returned goods.

Do any members know whether it would be possible to return the item to the Malaga store and arrange a replacement?

Cheers
terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Leroy Merlin - Little Faith

Postby olive » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:04 pm

I wish you luck with that quest.

The curse of the "curfew". By the time you have done the morning chores and driven anywhere they are closed. I found that problem with the Granada store but asking at the desk near the entrance they got someone from that department to man the returns desk. He never even checked there was anything in the box we returned let alone if it was complete and undamaged. We spent over a 1000 on bathroom stuff there and when I asked if they would take it down to the "goods ordered " point in the cool underground car park it was a flat no. They changed their mind when we asked for our money back. You also have to go through a daft rigmarole, which includes your NIE and a card they issue, at the Granada store for the ultra large trolleys.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:39 am

My brother had a similar problem when he bought a generator (weight 93kg). I didn't function at all, he had to haul it back to the store, queue at returned goods, they then sent him along the aisle to the tool hire department for them to try it (no joy), they said they would return it to the manufacturer which they did and asked him to return to the store to pick it up a month later! No apology, no offer of free delivery to his address. By the way he had arrived during the 'Curfew' to had to wait around until 5pm.

LM must have had them stolen in the past, it would be easy enough for a builder to bag himself a 1€ trolley, thrown into the back of the van with the goods.

LM have the virtual monopoly of DIY stores, AKI are being bought out by LM but I think they were part of the same group anyway, there are the odd Brico Mart, Brico Depot and BigMat dotted around but these are more geared towards building materials rather than DIY. A few years back we had a large DIY store open nearby in Lucena named 'Refor+' which folded in due to the financial crisis, I think that was part of a DIY chain for Cordoba Province.

I find the staff at the well established LM Malaga store are more savvy and willing to help, with Granada the staff are just shelf packers, they have no knowledge of DIY or the products they are selling, and usually 'pass the book'.

cheers
terry

olive
Andalucia Guru

Postby olive » Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:03 pm

Just had a thought. Do LM offer “chat” on their website? You could ask there. I suspect one person is dealing with a number of chats at a time which gives you the chance to use google translate if you dont fully understand a response.

I suspect you are right with the customer service difference between Malaga and Granada.

Bauhaus is no better. We are currently three and a half weeks into getting a new sink. They sell it in beige but not the colour we want. We contacted the manufacturer and they said Bauhaus would supply along with two less convenient shops on the CDS. We went online and Bauhaus “chat” confirmed that they would get us one. Just go into the store. Person in store took the details but said couldnt do anything until they confirmed the price as it was a Saturday. We will contact you by email or phone. After two weeks nothing. Went down and they had a file and had confirmed the price ( unsurprisingly the same as the beige one) and part number. That was it. No one had thought to contact us. No apology of course.The fellow processed our order there and then, including payment in full. We have long since built in huge lead times for any project .

vinuela vinny
Resident

Postby vinuela vinny » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:18 am

Morning All

We had an excellent experience of 'return' goods with Leroy Merlin......

On one of our jaunts to the coast we bought a power washer from the Leroy Merlin store near Plaza Mayor in Malaga, but after several weeks of satisfactory use, it developed what seemed to be an electrical fault, and just would not work any more....... We took it back to our 'local' (63km away, but substantially closer than Malaga) Leroy Merlin in Sevilla, with some trepidation (wrong store? limited Spanish? did not understand the warranty? etc), but were very pleased with the service. As said above, we went to the Returns Desk where a very helpful young man told us that he would discuss the problem with the manufacturer's rep when he called later in the week, and that he would advise us of the outcome by telephone. He gave us a receipt with our unique returns reference number. True to his word, two days later he rang, and told us in perfect English that the rep had confirmed that the power washer could not be repaired, and that we could collect a new appliance from either the Malaga or Sevilla store, on the production of the receipt. A couple of weeks later, on our way to the airport, we collected our new appliance from the Sevilla store with no problems whatsoever. Perfect.....

Hope that this is helpful

Vincent

Trooperman
Resident

Postby Trooperman » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:06 am

Not strictly on-topic, but I'm compelled to add my disatisfaction with Leroy Merlin as their on-line shopping "experience" leaves a lot to be desired!

I ordered a wall lamp (not available in their Malaga store, but available for home delivery) and was told it would be delivered in 3 weeks!

Are they serious online shopping contenders I wonder?

I agree with all the previous comments about lack of competition allowing them to be inefficient and uncaring.
nil illegitimum carborundum

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Apr 06, 2019 2:35 pm

Worse customer service I cam across in Spain. Had two disputes with them. First a large hot water boiler. Electrician fitted it in basement and every time when filled with water blew the fuse. He spent ages checking cables etc. Finally found the boiler was faulty. LM refused to change it, said needed to be returned to manufacturer. I said the seller is responsible according to law when faulty when new. Called electrician and he came to store with me, pointed out the fault and they did replace. Another time I was sold the wrong size vacuum cleaner bags and I had particularly asked the dependiente for advise. They would not change them because I had opened the package! saw the Manager and pointed out the woman who assured me they were correct, she lied through her teeth and denied it, only 9 euro but was principle.

Best customer service i found was El Corte Ingles.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:04 am

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 1:58 pm

We bought a lot of items to refurbish a bathroom in 2017 - late April - from leroy merlin. On friday the led lighting in the mirror flickered and went out. We took it back to the store we bought it from, showed them the 2 year guarantee on the installation instructions and straight away they gave us a credit note. They did not have one in stock, so we went to a nearer store and ordered one to go there. We bought it with a "Socio" discount, no longer applicable, but the sales guy immediately gave us the same discount so we had no more to pay. Delivery to the styore is reckoned to be 10 days, but with Semana Santa we expect this to drift a bit. Provided it arrives and they ring me to say so have to give them an absolute 10/10!
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

telboy
Resident

Postby telboy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:18 pm

My brother has only lived here for two years, he's not on this forum but he could write a book on the issues he's had with LM at the Nevada Centre. His nearest DIY store (Aki) in Motril where he did get a decent service is now in the process of being reformed to a LM Compact. Sometimes it is better to go to your local ferreteria and pay that little extra for the same product, they are more likely to sort a problem out with no quibbles.

My update on my original post - I boxed up the ceramic sink basin and retuned it to the Granada store, I had the item on a trolley, the attendant on the 'Returns Desk' phoned someone in the bathroom department, who came and had a look at the product and couldn't believe how this error had passed through quality control (correct box label, wrong product) she said they didn't have one in stock but would call us at the end of April when the new one arrived.

Whilst we stood by and waited for our problem to be attended. The returns desk refund monies to these customers
A lady had bought 15 green sofa cushions but the green didn't match her suite.
A couple bought a large bookcase but it wouldn't fit in their car.
A man had bought a ceiling light for his sons hallway, but his son had already bought and fitted one.

I think if you return and item of machinery whether it be electric or some other form of power then it becomes and issue!

cheers
terry

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:55 pm

peteroldracer wrote: Provided it arrives and they ring me to say so have to give them an absolute 10/10!
Update: checked the order status the other day, disturbed to see they had it as “cancelled”! Sent email asking wft was going on (politely). No reply, but today nice chaps rings doorbell - ‘I have a parcel for you...’! Shiny new mirror, now back up on the wall.....10/10 for result, 2/10 for communication.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.