Hot tubs

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Hot tubs

Postby olive » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Anyone got practical experience of these in Andalucia?

I tried one in the UK. Very enjoyable.the owner goes in nearly every day!

Seems to be some practical considerations.

One is the kw use of your total. Ours is 5,5 kw Does anyone run theirs partly on solar power for example.

Siting. Would you choose a view but winds over sheltered enclosed situation?

Is it a worthwhile investment regarding coming to sell or just dead money?

Any other pointers including reputable brands / suppliers.

Manchesteral
Resident

Re: Hot tubs

Postby Manchesteral » Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:56 pm

A friend of mine put one on his rooftop terrace,after a structural assessment he was given permission to go ahead.

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Hot tubs

Postby Wicksey » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:00 pm

My friends built a special room for theirs with patio doors so you can sit inside and still see the view. Having spent a few months there one winter, it was glorious to use every evening but I wouldn't have done so if it had been outside as it was a cold and wet winter.

It is unfortunately very old now (about 18 years) and bits have fallen off and the pump for the air bubbles has failed. I never used just bubbles as I didn't see the point of them. The best bit was all the different massage jets for back and feet and the fact that the water was so lovely and hot. It was good for my bad back and very relaxing. For me it's more like a hot bath before bet-time sort of thing rather than something to while away an hour or two in during the day. In the summer I prefer a pool.