Self Install Solar PV

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
championc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Self Install Solar PV

Postby championc » Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:00 pm

Hi all,

Was is required in order to do a Self Install of a Solar PV solution ? I have instaledl a setup in Ireland with an Inverter with a built in Limiter, which stops Feedback to the Grid, and want to look at installing the exact same Inverter in Spain. The inverter is EN50438 Certified.

Are there specific "Spanish" requirements ? The unit was tested @ 230v +/- 15% and 47.5hz to 52.0hz. It's a Grid Tied Inverter so it disconnects and shuts down once there is no power from the grid.

Any info greatly appreciated

Dominic Lopecas
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Self Install Solar PV

Postby Dominic Lopecas » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:27 am

You should never connect it to the Grid, if you connect it to the Grid; 1.It has to be installed and approve by the Energy supplier in your area, 2 You have to pay energy transportation to RES of €14. a month to National grid, However you can install solar system independed of the main energy supplier for your personal use by storing the energy in a Batteries of course the batteries are very expense €2589. unwarps so unless you have a good solar panels …….! you must evaluate the overall cost to benefit

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Self Install Solar PV

Postby spanish_lad » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:47 am

I´ve got a "solar shed" setup that cost me about € 500 and i installed it myself.

Are you talking about a system for a whole house? ie 5kw ?
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.