Thick ceiling paint

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
olive
Andalucia Guru

Thick ceiling paint

Postby olive » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm

We have an uneven 3 by 3 metre ceiling to paint.

Anyone know of a thick finish paint that would hide some of the imperfections and give a good finish please? Maybe matt if available.

1bassleft
Resident

Re: Thick ceiling paint

Postby 1bassleft » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:10 am

I used Titan una capa (one coat) which is available in mate. I think it might only be available in 5L (at about €30) which is not cheap and more than you need. It covered the entirety of my lounge (didn't do the ceiling), the two internal doors and plenty left over for touch ups. As the name suggests, one coat was enough for general coverage, but another coat for particularly rough areas might help level it out. I subsequently had some drilling done and people lowering the sofa-cama wondering what the noise was (metal bars scraping bits of wall out). It's not so thick as to make filler unnecessary, but the matt finish (in ocre suave, anyway) diffuses light and helps to avoid drawing attention to imperfections. Compared to standard pintura plastica, it's a breeze to apply with a roller.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Re: Thick ceiling paint

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:49 pm

go to a paint shop or the regular bricomart etc - look at spending around € 30.00 for a 15L tub - any less and it´ll be like painting with milk. You´ll need 5 coats and it will drip everywhere.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.