Newpol fridge freezer

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
voyseygw
Andalucia.com Amigo

Newpol fridge freezer

Postby voyseygw » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:42 pm

Hi All,
I have a Newpol eXperience XR 1850 IX NF and the fridge part of it stops working. I can get it to work again by defrosting it overnight and it will work again for about 4 weeks. It appears that the freezer part is freezing up and blocking the cold air from the fan. I am told that it could be the pipe that allows the water from the freezer to drip into a tray on top of the compressor has become blocked. But I can’t get the back off the freezer compartment. Can anybody help I have enclosed a photo of the back of the freezer. There is a sort of disc at the back that holds a cover on that I can’t find out how to remove.
Thanks in advance.
Attachments
3D3524AD-0E13-4D14-A8C9-4932E4CBBD5A.jpeg

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Newpol fridge freezer

Postby El Cid » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:19 pm

Normally it come out of the back of the freezer compartment at the outside rear of the unit.

Sid

voyseygw
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Newpol fridge freezer

Postby voyseygw » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:33 pm

Are you talking about the pipe? If so then yes it does but I would like to push something down the pipe to see if it is blocked which I need to do from the top inside the freezer. Also it could be the Evaporator defrost heater which I asume it has got. I would need to get in to the Evaporator to test it. Next question I have googled newpol spares and there does not seem to be very much about. Is there a Newpol service center around here? I live near Loja.
Thanks