Furniature restoration

Looking for information or help in the field of DIY and home improvement. Post your questions, suggestions and comments here.
stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Furniature restoration

Postby stellastaff » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:13 pm

Can anyone tell me if there are many furniature restorers around the Malaga to Campillos region?

I have a lovely solid wooden table and matching upholstered chairs that were given to us by my dad when we left the UK. I intend keeping them for a long time as they hold many wonderful memories of my child hood so would like to see them in a better condition than they are!
Donna

silver
Andalucia Guru

Postby silver » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Good furniture restorers are hard to find, the best spend most of their time working on the Church thrones you see in the Easter parades...others are busy with their own work..restoring to sell and most are very old..its a dying trade..not because people don't want things restored..more because, once they find out the price, they decide not to go ahead unless its something really valuable in some way... Restoring is a slow job..which means time..which means money...if you have time why not trying a DIY job yourself..there are many books available..or try leaving a message in a craft suppliers shop
No muerdes la mano que te da de comer.

stellastaff
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby stellastaff » Fri Oct 07, 2005 4:14 pm

Thanks Silver...mmm not sure about giving it a go myself though! Looks quite complicated, especially if I want a good job done. Nevermind, i'll keep looking!
Donna