Do not trust Sabadell (Solbank) Home Insurance

Are you looking for information or help in the garden. Post your agriculture, flora and fauna questions, suggestions and comments here.
Mohssen
Tourist

Do not trust Sabadell (Solbank) Home Insurance

Postby Mohssen » Fri May 19, 2017 4:29 pm

After 3 months of trying to get compensation for water loss the Sabadell Home Insurance ignores to pay. I’m referring to the topic “Do not buy KÄRCHER Watertimer/Temporizador”.
They are good at selling their Home Insurance but not paying when something happens.
So do not trust Sabadell Home Insurance!

Parilla
Resident

Re: Do not trust Sabadell (Solbank) Home Insurance

Postby Parilla » Sat May 20, 2017 4:34 am

I would be really interested to know what section of your "Sabadell Home Insurance" you think covers the consequential loss of excess water charges resulting from a faulty piece of electrical equipment.

Parilla

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat May 20, 2017 5:34 pm

Not Sabadell, but Linea Directa, I was amazed to discover about a year ago that their Home insurance does not cover accidental damage. Theft, flood, fire, third-party damage, yes . . . but not something broken accidentally. They explained that this would be covered by one of their (Direct Line) policies in northern Europe, but in Spain the number of fraudulent claims have led them to exclude it. Beware.
Chris

scotty
Resident

Postby scotty » Sat May 20, 2017 6:53 pm

So you didn't read the policy then ? Thirty years in the insurance industry as a broker and I never cease to be amazed by the expectations of the consumer. Seriously ? You expected to be covered for "accidental damage" to your goods ? And Spain is a different trading area to the UK so nobody is surprised if Direct Line in the UK is a different entity in Spain.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat May 20, 2017 8:49 pm

You are, of course, absolutely right.
"You expected to be covered for "accidental damage" to your goods?"
Yes.
Chris