Astra 19 with a 1.3m dish is it possible???

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Astra 19 with a 1.3m dish is it possible???

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Hi Ive got digital plus satellite as Im fed up with IPTV and love my F1 and motoGp. Ive for the box and Ive tried in the sun and with some apps to set my 1.3m dish from Astra 28 to Astra 19 with no success at the moment as its 40 degrees in my patio and Im practically doing it blind due the position on the sun.

Im also doing it alone. I have to admit i assumed that there would be be any issue as its such a dig dish that its would be better that the 60cm or smaller everyone else uses, however I would like to check before I take out a TV and decoder in the patio when it gets cooler this evening.

Please can anyone confirm that I will be able to use my old dish to pick up this signal. Im concerned that the length of the arm holding the LNB is too long is that correct??

Also can anyone recommend any decent apps on android that actually works to locate the 19 satellite. Ive tried 4 but they have not helped. I have sat finder as well and thought I got it but with no luck

do i need at 60cm standard dish???
thanks

JB

northandsouth
Resident

Re: Astra 19 with a 1.3m dish is it possible???

Postby northandsouth » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:59 pm

I confess I know very little about Astra 19 and surely satPCguy will be along shortly, but just had a thought, is the LNB rotated to the correct angle? Had a friend who was struggling to pick up intelsat 907 with his old sky dish once and the LNB had to be turned to the correct position then it worked fine. Just a thought.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:16 pm

cheers N&S Im desperately waiting for SatPCguy to give me so idiot proof instructions
Last edited by john the baptist on Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:23 pm

:crazy:

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:54 pm

Why not PM Satpcguy

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:20 pm

good idea, done!!!!!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:34 pm

There are two other options.
Are you going down the the genuine Sky TV route with IPTV. if not use a Now TV box. I have never heard of anybody having a problem with that as long as you have decent internet speeds.
The other way is to look at the Spanish suppliers.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:03 pm

got it now
Last edited by john the baptist on Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:04 pm

all sorted, really struggled today getting the signal but had to wait for the evening. all sorted now.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 7:29 am

Astra 19 is a very strong signal and is easy to get, even without any form of signal meter...its one that the phone apps can help with alone (Satfinder Lite and Satellite Director are the ones I have found to be most accurate in locating satellites)
It carries Movistar+, Spains satellite service (which is also still available on cardshare - for the moment - so F1 and Moto GP in HD is available...)
It can be received on a 60cm dish in Spain.
So a "1.3m" dish should have no issues...

But sometimes using a much larger dish than required can actually be worse, as the dish picks up the signals from neighbouring satellites also...

But at least you are up and running

(BTW, No PM received here...last one from you was on the 5th August!)
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:12 am

thanks got it sorted not sure why it did not send. My HDD is on the way out any Im getting loads of messages to change it but thats another MASSIVE headache as Ive got an ex work machine which i upgraged to windows 10 on the free period and now I dont have any keys for the operating system.

As you said it was actually very hard to set yp because it was so big. My young daughter helped. all the apps got on my nerves as I ran out of hands!!!!
got it all now for $24 a year AND i did a full scan and some of the french and german channels are available too in english. Im very happy as i watched the 4pm saturday games and still have sky and bbc news. My movistar package went up to €70 a month which is rediculous as I currently dont have an income. (Brexit will be the death of us all). Im sure there are plenty out there that will disaprove with CCCAms but really im not interest. I tried IPTV and even with 100gb fibre it buffers.
thanks again for your info. If you every hear that Sky uk has working CCams please let me know.
Cheers John

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:58 pm

As I told you, it works fine using SkyGo and Now TV. No buffering.
Now Tv are currently offering the whole season half price £170 pounds

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:23 am

Hi JdeB,

"My HDD is on the way out any Im getting loads of messages to change it but thats another MASSIVE headache as Ive got an ex work machine which i upgraged to windows 10 on the free period and now I dont have any keys for the operating system."

For Windows 10 the License Key is held on the Microsoft Data Base..........so unless you change your Mother Board (MOB) you can reinstall Windows 10 with out any problems.......i.e. disk replacement.

As we were covering this on the thread below best to ask any more questions on this topic there.

http://andalucia.com/forums/viewtopic.p ... em#p382713
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:30 pm

thanks enrigue would it be eaiser to put it on a usb??? I have not burned anything onto disk for at least 7 years LOL.

Do I need to know my windows 7 key??? windows 10 was a straight upgrade during the free period no keys needed i dont think.

Physically changing the disk seems easy but software wise its a head ache. Do i need a 2.5 inch sata usb HDD adapter also or can i do it by simply placing one in??

cheers enrique

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:13 am

Hi JdeB.
Have answered your questions on your Disk Thread
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.