Spanish Television

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
axarquian
Andalucia.com Amigo

Spanish Television

Postby axarquian » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:34 pm

So, I thought that listening to/viewing Spanish television might help to improve my Spanish. I have bought an Axil mini TDT box (model RT0302U) connected it to my Spanish TV, connected it to an Iotronic indoor antenna (model 1308), and, you guessed it no signal on any channel (not even 0.1% strength !!!!). I am in an area that according to tdt.es has both 'good' and 'poor coverage (for some reason there are two entries for my village identified by postcode 29719). My thoughts are than an indoor antenna is not strong enough (although I thought that I might have some reception). Having trawled some of the postings here I am inclined to go and buy a Televes DAT45 antenna, however, before I do I thought that I would see if any forum members have any advice.

annfoto
Resident

Re: Spanish Television

Postby annfoto » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:52 pm

As a starting point, do your neighbor's on either side have a digital areal on their roofs? If so then it is likely that is what you need. Not foolproof though we get perfect reception with our old analogue areal which has clear sight of the mast on the mountain opposite whilst our neighbor had to change to a digital one :)
Ann

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:09 pm

and also note that an aerial on its own may not be enough. you may also need an masthead amplifer (and power supply) to help with the siganls.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

sarah28jg
Tourist

Postby sarah28jg » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:34 am

I used to use indoor ariel - which was a pain, I had to move it constantly to get different channels..

I not have an outdoor "one for all" amplified antenna, which has its own power supply and it is great.. got it from Worten and it was less than 30 euros.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:38 am

TDT coverage seems to be pretty much hit and miss just as analogue TV reception always was. I am midway between two transmitters and I use a Televés DAT75 with a masthead amplifier and even then I am unable to receive either the Antenna 3 or Telecinco bouquets. However, as I don't want to sit watching endless advertisements occasionally interrupted by mindless game shows not being able to receive these channels doesn't bother me too much.
Let's go Brandon!

country boy
Andalucia Guru

Postby country boy » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:52 pm

I would be very interested to know what criteria the production teams on Spanish TV use as to when insert the adverts. They are totally inept at " choosing the right moment"!

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:29 am

They know exactly what they are doing at 1am in the morning when they go to an ad break with about 5 minutes of a film to go.

fuentearriba
Tourist

Postby fuentearriba » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:57 am

Buen Dias,

Can one find out the location of television analogue transmitters for Almeria?

Thanks

John

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:08 am

Analogue television transmissions in Spain were discontinued several years ago.