Good downloading sites for films.

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Good downloading sites for films.

Postby El Cid » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:28 pm

Agreed. VPNs slow you down and are really designed for people who REALLY want to go incognito on the internet, not for people who want to watch Eastenders.

Yes, Netflix often does not work with a DNS. And maybe it works with a VPN, but now that Netflix is available in Spain legally why would you need a VPN. OK some recent series are not available yet but that isn't a big deal unless you insist on trying to access the UK and US sites.

Sid

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Hi,
For the Record........

"Simply change the DNS of your device to connect with a SmartDNS server located ... SmartDNS is not a tool for privacy or anonymity as it does not change your IP"

You can check this out yourself...........have a look at your Public IP before and after connecting to a DNS server.............. :idea:

Some light reading on DNS...............

https://www.lifewire.com/what-is-a-dns-server-817513

Sid has the right handle on VPN's...............
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:26 pm

Don't think anyone said a smart DNS "changes" your IP. I certainly didn't. I said it "obscures" it and makes you appear to be in a different part of the world , which indeed is exactly what it does when used to unblock content from streaming sites that the relevant Smart DNS service supports. All your normal local internet browsing remains unaffected.

See paragraph 2

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-pr ... he-answer/

As confirmed here ...some light reading

http://whatismyipaddress.com/smart-dns

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:47 pm

firsttango wrote:Better to use a Smart DNS service, it obscures the IP address–and thereby the location–of the user, making it possible to bypass geographic restrictions. Also Smart DNS's are much faster as they don't slow your internet speeds like VPN'S do...therefore higher quality streams and far less buffering...if any, especially good if you are on a low download speed to begin with.
SmartDNS doesn't hide your IP address, it just changes the DNS.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:58 pm

Never said it did....suggest you reread accurately

Flexo
Resident

Postby Flexo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:53 am

The problem is that Netflix has a policy against it, so it is just a matter of time until they figure out which IP addresses these providers use. Of course SmartDNS can change their IP range accordingly, but this is a cat and mouse game.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:38 am

Always has been, but historically the main players in the VPN-Smart DNS arena are most often one step ahead of the broadcasters. Thats why are great many people here use their service.

lalitsharma
Tourist

Postby lalitsharma » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:30 pm

costakid wrote:I don’t think thats what the OP is looking for. I think they are looking for something via a BIT torrent. I guess no one has suggested anything because its illegal now.
There are still some sites that allow watching and downloading movies, legally. Do Google and you'll find plenty of legal sources to download movies and series without VPN services.

lewiswhite

Postby lewiswhite » Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:29 am

If someone asks me I would definitely choose the sites where I can watch it online rather than downloading but why because first I have to wait for few minutes to download the movie then my laptop should have space for that movie. I always prefer watching it online. My friend Peter suggest me a site †**********here I can watch free movies online for free.
Last edited by Beachcomber on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: URL removed. Rule 2-1

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:05 am

nyafilmer.com