check driving licence address

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

check driving licence address

Postby fyfin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:35 am

I want to see if I have changed the address on my Spanish driving licence (I took a form "cambio de domicilio" to Oficina de Extranjeros in Almeria but I think it only changes address of residence card). Citizens Advice said I can check with a digital certificate but I have no idea how to go about getting one. I'm afraid I'm a complete novice.
Is there anyone here can point me in the right direction. I have seen lots of postings about them but I can't see how to actually create one. I have windows 10 on my laptop and use Chrome if that makes any difference.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: check driving licence address

Postby Enrique » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:56 am

Hi fyfin,
Please read FAQ on obtaining a Digital Signature
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:38 pm

Should have checked there first I guess. Looks very helpful but I have failed at the first hurdle. I tried explorer, chrome and firefox and they all returned the same message. Navegador no soportado . IN fact I downloaded Firefox just to see if it would work.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Update - turned off Norton - on to next step.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:50 pm

If you only notified your change of address at the foreigner's office it will not be communicated to DGT.

I have just been on the DGT web site with my digital certificate and I can see no way of checking ones name and address either in respect of the driving licence or the registration of the vehicle. You can, however, notify the change in respect of your driving licence using your digital certificate here:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-m ... domicilio/

If you have a Spanish registered vehicle I don't think this procedure will change the address for that as well. You will need to go through the procedure described here:

https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/tramites-y-m ... domicilio/

Regarding Citizens Advice in Spain, note that it has nothing whatsoever to do with the UK Citizens Advice Bureau.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:40 pm

Many thanks. Now in the process of obtaining a digital certificate. Looks like I have to go to Huercal Overa and prove identity so no problem with that. I got the reference code so I'll take that as well. Then I'll be able to change the address. Thecar is no problem as I bought it after we moved to this new address (same town).

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:04 pm

You might prefer to use the cl@vePin system. It is replacing digital certificates and is easier to get. Some info on this thread

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=36123&p=353313&hilit=clave#p353313

Sid

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:13 am

fyfin...note that your location is Turre.
We obtained our certificates (quite painlessly) in Vera....http://www.vera.es/ayuntamiento/index.p ... isos&id=74

My last visit to Huercal Overa went something like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0xY5nzHvKE

Poppy

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:39 pm

I have had both digital certificate and a Cl@ve for several years. I use the digital certificate virtually on a daily basis and have only used the Cl@ve out of curiosity from time to time to see if it still works. On one occasion I found that the Cl@ves of both myself and my wife would not work but that story is told in another thread.

I have just renewed our digital certificates. There was no suggestion that they are to be replaced and are, in fact, valid until 2021 so this would not suggest that they are going to be discontinued any time soon.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:53 pm

My comment that DCs were being replaced was not clear- the DCs are not being replaced. My point was that most sites seem to be accepting clave now and that access is easier. The advantage of clave is that it is not tied to any particular device which a CD is.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:55 pm

Poppy1 - Interesting. I checked the nearest office to verify identity and it came up with Huercal Overa. Vera would be a much better option.

poppy1
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby poppy1 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:54 am

Was easy...visited the "Casa de Cultura, Juventud e Infancia "Bayra" as advertised in the link. A guy there organised it all on his computer, then with a reference number we had to go to the Town Hall in Vera to identify ourselves and after that went back to the Casa de Cultura where the guy finished it off and installed it on a memory stick (which you have to supply...or an SD card). Once back home installed it on the computer via the memory stick.
For those that are a bit more savvy I know you can do the computer bit yourself, but for us it was good to be able to do it this way.
Note that you can only do it through them during the times stated in the link.