Tv Top boxes MAG 254

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Laripa

Tv Top boxes MAG 254

Postby Laripa » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:08 am

Hi
Could someone explain to me what else do I need to view UK channels, Sky, BT and lots of other channels once I buy a MAG254 tv top box. Most firms offering top boxes ask for an additional €20 per month ( or an annual fee of €220 in order to be able to use the top box. I just need some clarification on how it all works. Please keep it simple for a simple guy.
Cheers

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: Tv Top boxes MAG 254

Postby satandpcguy » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 am

A Mag box is designed to run paid iptv subscription services.
Set up your box (connect to power, tv and internet)
Buy a subscription from someone
They will provide a "portal url" for you to access their service.
YOu input that URL into your mag box.
Reload, and your channels you subscribe to will be available.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

bbobandannie
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby bbobandannie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:08 pm

Be aware, this week SKY have applied new tech and every live channel has been blocked this week whenever a live football game kicks of. My IPTV channel list which has been solid as a rock on my MAG 254 box has been effected. Video channels still work as they are recorded but all tv channels are locked. A friend in Germany warned me about it and he has gotten round it by using a vpn and selecting a non European address. I have a vpn (NORD, very good) but I cant apply it to my Movistar 3g router. I can watch BBC and ITV players on the computer but my MAG box becomes useless when this block is applied.

GerryinCajiz
Resident

Postby GerryinCajiz » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:06 pm

Could you not get a VPN router and connect it to your Movistar router then route whichever device you need to through this VPN router? You would have to apply your NORD VPN file to this router. The instructions on how to do this you would get from NORD.
Gerry

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:49 pm

bbobandannie wrote:Be aware, this week SKY have applied new tech and every live channel has been blocked this week whenever a live football game kicks of. My IPTV channel list which has been solid as a rock on my MAG 254 box has been effected.
Not on all providers...as mine are fine...so i suppose it depends on your provider.
Sky will not have done anything at their end, they cannot really do anything else or new at source to stop streaming.
It will more than likely be the uk ISPs that are actually doing things, as they are all subject to a court order from the PL and broadcasters to block illegal streams. Streams have been actively blocked since the start of this new season under the latest court order. Hence why you get a vpn to "remove" yourself from the Uk and the blocked streams.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:46 pm

A good alternative to MAG box are the Fire TV boxes. It has all the typical apps, although Now TV is missing for direct subscription access to Sky Sports.
I see many members post about Filmon and TVplayer on Fire TV is are good alternative because it offers a wide range of pay TV channels for £6.99, which can be recorded , as well as the normal free channels. The quality is better as well. They also offer free trials so it’s possible to check it out before you commit to paying for the service.

A little bit of google investigating will show you ways of watching the footie etc on it without having to pay third parties for IPTV sevices