E-mail difficulty

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Lyric
Andalucia Guru

E-mail difficulty

Postby Lyric » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:30 pm

Senior Management is a second user to my BT account, being in Spain I pay and am a premier user (think that's what they call it). Recently, we think Thursday or Friday last, she lost the sending of mail, reception being normal.
She has the use of a pad, a laptop or the main desktop, usually preferred for its real keyboard. We both use Firefox and Thunderbird on the PC and the Laptop and whatever it is on the pad.
By checking settings, nothing more, the pad and the laptop now send, as does her phone but I think that is a distraction as a different server is used for the mobile device I believe, however this is digressing can anyone see why the pad and laptop work normally but the PC still will not send mail. They are all connected wirelessly to the same router which is wimax to the internet.
My mail works normally, always has.
The settings, ports etc are the same on all.
One is loosing what little hair one has with this.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: E-mail difficulty

Postby Enrique » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi Lyric,
Any error messages for the sent mail failure........ :?:

Have you looked in the Event Viewer for that "Thursday Friday", to see if there are any clues......... :?:

Added: Thunderbird specific...........

https://www.lifewire.com/pop-imap-smtp- ... rd-1173156

Also look in..........

Error Console.......... On the menu bar, go to Tools -> Error Console
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:35 pm

Enrique, thanks for your input. It was saying unable to log in to Btinternet etc. which I took to be settings, particularly as all the other devices were working. Today, with a clear head, I figured it must be the password even though I had checked it and found it correct. I deleted it and re-entered the identical password, bingo, working normally. Not understanding at all. The only event we have had on or since Thursday is a power outage, about 30 secs worth.
Anyway I let her loose and before too long she came out and announced it's not working. She left the error message for me to see.
"Message not sent, too many messages from 5.xxx.xxx.xxx" that has cleared too but never seen that one before.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Hi Lyric,
Looking via my favourite search engine.........seems that there is a counter set at BT , does she send multiple emails at the same time.... :?:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Lyric
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lyric » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:25 pm

She sent maybe five within three or four minutes. she resent the ones she considered important. :lolno: