Uk TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
linda w
Tourist

Re: Uk TV

Postby linda w » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:03 pm

Again thank you , so I will bring my now tv box from the uk and subscribe to smarty DNS , We have a reasonably good internet speed so hopefully it will work !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:36 am

markwilding wrote:An Apple TV box would not be my first choice to watch UK TV unless you have an Apple phone tablet or Mac.
However, on the newer ones it is possible to watch quite a lot of UK TV.

For it to work, you would need to, if you don't already have one, set up an UK Apple account to enter the UK App store. I know the IPlayer is definitely there and I think TV player is available too, giving you access to the normal live channels but for it to work in Spain you will need to use a VPN or DNS. Sky TV can also be viewed with a subscription as well using the Now TV App.

Apart from that, for a small subscription both Netflix and Amazon Prime, which is only 20 euros per year, have plenty of films and TV series in English and a DNS wouldn't be necessary.
Thanks for that I'll check it out !

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:41 am

Sid, thank you for your comments, however it is a personal opinion and not designed to elicit personal comments regarding my intellect !

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:47 pm

I had a quick look at the available apps on the Now TV box and noticed that UK TV play has been added and it worked fine with SmartyDNS

mac69
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby mac69 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:52 am

Apple TV series 2 and 3 can be picked up very cheap on eBay . So it might be worth the OP getting one as a back up . They let your iPad connect to the TV wirelessly .