Planet Earth 2 in 4K

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Planet Earth 2 in 4K

Postby markwilding » Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:22 pm

I know the BBC offered this some months ago but my Samsung 4k TV wasn’t compatible with their 4K.

If anyone is interested, Netflix USA have it in Ultra HD. The only smart DNS server i can get working for the USA version is Smart DNS, which I stumbled across because Smarty isn’t working properly.

I have watched this incredible series again in awe so if you haven’t been able to watch it in 4K, even though like me you have a 4K TV, this is you opportunity to finaly get to see it

USINSPAIN
Resident

Re: Planet Earth 2 in 4K

Postby USINSPAIN » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:38 pm

is it difficult to get Netflix USA
Thank you

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:59 pm

Not easy, but possible with Smart DNS

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:20 am

Hi Mark,
I tried Smart DNS, after Smarty had problems, but I couldn't get Netflix to work. The tech guy I spoke to said the problem is that it is a UK Netflix account. From your post I guess yours was a UK account, so I can't understand why I had problems, any info would be appreciated.

Ray
Last edited by brimsham on Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:58 am

If you haven't already, sign into Smart DNS, click the Regions link at the top of the page, then make sure you have he Netflix tab on.
I would then reboot everything,,,, Your TV, Netflix, router and update settings in your Smart DNS home page to make sure you have the 4 ticks.

One other thing you could try if it doesn't work is to set Smart DNS up in you TV network settings page as apposed to the router and don't forget to restart everything again every time you make a change.

I think I have a Spanish account for Netflix and normally I switch off region settings so as not to get a message telling me I'm using a VPN but I forgot to do it when I set up Smart DNS on my TV and was suprised to see Planet Earth 2, Even then I didn't realise I was in the USA version until I started looking for it to watch another episode and had set up Smart DNS on my TV again .

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:08 pm

Many thanks Mark will have another go and follow sure suggestions.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:44 pm

Brimsham did u get sorted?? As when I Looked into SMART DNS and had similar problem they came back with this

Also regarding Netflix, Netflix US access is only accessible via PC and Mac browsers when using a trial account, you will need to have a paid subscription to be able to access Netflix on all of your devices. Also, aside from the DNS settings, please take note that due to constant DNS/VPN blocking from Netflix side, it is required to set up Static Routing on your router for all devices that use Netflix app like media players, consoles, set top box, iOs, android, etc.

For Static Routing configuration, you may follow the instructions here, http://support.smartdnsproxy.com/custom ... uter-modem

brimsham
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby brimsham » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:39 pm

No I didn't, although now after changing DNS setting in my router so many times I can do it blindfold. I wish their tecky guy told me that as I will now consider taking out a subscription. Will have a check first to see if there are any implications of setting up a static IP address.

Very many thanks for your posting firsttango.

just had a look at my router setting and noticed that I've already set up may router for my Google cast device, probably when I set up SmartyDNS, so can't envisage any problems.