Cannot get into Ryanair app

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
gruff
Resident

Cannot get into Ryanair app

Postby gruff » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:12 pm

O.k., I'm using an Alcatel Pixi phone with Android 4.4.2. I had a problem early last year when I deleted the app. for some reason and appstore would not let me reload it because of compatability. I was able to load an earlier .apk file and all was well.
Last time I used it was last November.
Checked in via my laptop for a flight on Wednesday o.k. but when I went to input the booking ref. and email address on the app. it says "oops, error. Oh dear, an error has occurred. Have another go."
I've tried the latest version, older versions, mistyping, and always get same message.

Anyone been here?

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Cannot get into Ryanair app

Postby elusive » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Maybe an issue with you using an old android version. Apps can be very glitchy. Can you just check in by the actual website

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:52 pm

The app needs a minimum of Android 4.2 so Gruff's Android 4.4.2 should be OK.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:59 pm

I've checked in o.k. and printed off the boarding pass. Just frustrating. Really the only reason I got a smart phone was to be able to use this app.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:14 am

Have you looked at the reviews for the app on the playstore. See if others are having similar issues. Apps in general are a great idea but can sometimes be buggy if they arent designed correctly. Personally i prefer to use the mobile version of a website rather than an app as theres nothong worse than it foreclosing when you are in the middle of a transaction etc

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:59 am

No relevant reviews, nothing on Google, not aware Ryanair have a website mobile version or any other way to show my boarding pass.
Have gone round in circles trying to find a way to contact Ryanair (yes, I know, desperation makes you do strange things).
If only I had some indication why I would know what criteria to look for in another phone.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:41 pm

If you go into ryanair website on your phones browser it will automatically go into mobile version ie a slimmed down version of the desktop version. You can contact them via live chat on their website. Ive contacted them via that before and they are helpful.

Re another phone i would just get an new upto date one.one with an as up to date version of android as possible. Android 4 is very old in android terms. And a decent processor.the brand of phone you have i think is very low end one which may effect use?

gruff
Resident

Postby gruff » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:29 pm

I did try to use the live chat this morning but never anyone available.
I'll keep on trying.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:02 pm

Ok. Yeah it can take a good while to get through. Had to use it once during an air traffic control strike. Took forever but they are good when you finally get through!