Casting bbc and itv

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
ashtondav
Resident

Casting bbc and itv

Postby ashtondav » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:54 am

I have installed a vpn on my iPad, and can watch iplayer and itvplayer on the iPad perfectly. However when I use chromecast to the tv I can cast itv, but not iplayer - it just freezes on the shot displayed in the programme information screen. I’m guessing iplayer knows the original signal is from the uk, but any other ideas? Could I load the vpn on to the laptop and cast the browser to the tv.

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Casting bbc and itv

Postby markwilding » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:07 pm

I tried it with unblockus and it didn’t work but It was working with one of my Smart DNS servers when I tried it some weeks ago.
I would also assume that if you are only using a VPN on the Ipad, it will only work on the Ipad.

The router would need to be set up with some sort of VPN or DNS server as well because It’s not possible to change these settings in Chromecast.

Some time ago I posted instructions on how to use port forwarding to get it working with a DNS server in a router, which are also easily found by googling, but you would need to pay a subscription.

Return to “Computers, Internet, Telephony, TV & Electronics”