Cccam with Freesat v8

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
john the baptist
Resident

Cccam with Freesat v8

Postby john the baptist » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:52 am

Hi does anyone know if a freesat V8 Iptv sat receiver will pick up the BBC satback signal after being patched with the relevant firmware??

also is the annual CCCam payment for the remaining astra 28 channels down here in spain available and worth it?? I know that they have been clamping down on the Russian servers in the uk but are they available in spain.

cheers
john

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: Cccam with Freesat v8

Postby satandpcguy » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:50 am

john the baptist wrote: also is the annual CCCam payment for the remaining astra 28 channels down here in spain available and worth it?? I know that they have been clamping down on the Russian servers in the uk but are they available in spain.
There are not many channels left on Astra 28 that are available via any cccam cardshare service, due to sky increasing their security early last year...(nothing to do with closure of "russian servers").
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:15 am

john the baptist wrote:Hi does anyone know if a freesat V8 Iptv sat receiver will pick up the BBC satback signal after being patched with the relevant firmware??

also is the annual CCCam payment for the remaining astra 28 channels down here in spain available and worth it?? I know that they have been clamping down on the Russian servers in the uk but are they available in spain.

cheers
john
I wouldn't bother going that route.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:56 am

You can buy an i907 receiver with all the firmware etc installed for about €100.

All the Sky channels were crippled by Sky about a year ago and if you could still do it you would need two dishes to get Freesat as well.

Sid

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 pm

Our sole use for Astra is now Classic fm, in Humax non-freesat mode.
Bought our first internet radio a year ago (I know there are other ways of doing it), and it gets used daily in a downstairs utility area. Access to stations from all over the world, including seemingly everything from the UK.

As someone once said, "Radio has an advantage over tv - the pictures are often better." Shares something with a good book. :think:
Chris

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi the new box will be used for the Digital Plus channels nearly all have a second English audio and we get to watch the football all in HD and no internet buffering. Im moving the old dish to astra 19 and at 25 euros a year is exceptional value. personal i hate IPTV as its never been as instant a sat!!! looking forward to the f1 and motor GP as well

john the baptist
Resident

Postby john the baptist » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:43 am

Hi all too hot to spend time in my patio at the moment realigning the dish plus Ill think if i took a TV out there to check the signal it will blow up. Ive been told that there is a list of IPTV channels that can be downloaded from the internet and then uploaded via USB. I was shown the spanish channel list but obviously Im was looking for the UK channels for the IPTV section. I know that the links are end in .ts and that possibly they are are in a word or notepad format. Im waiting for the ccam to come through and to do the dish in the evening.
In the meantime can anyone offer any advice or links to how to locate these .ts channel links and how to upload. Im struggling on You tube as i can only find a mexican who does not go into too much details plus the video is from last year and obviously caters for the mexican market.

Cheers
John