not topped up

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
costakid
Andalucia Guru

not topped up

Postby costakid » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Since free roaming and calls was introduced I do not use my Spanish phone as much as I have a UK phone also. Went to use the Spanish one today and it says sim not recognised. It is a payg phone, I have had the number for 20 years. I have gone outside the 6 months for top up. Have I lost it or is it retrievable if I go into Vodfone store? It had about 20 euros of credit on it but I am not worried about that, I just would like to keep the number.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: not topped up

Postby TorreDelAguila » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:21 pm

I had the same on a Spanish Vodafone PAYG, accidentally losing use of it not because of lack of credit (there was €40+ on it), but because a top-up hadn't been made. I went into a Vodafone shop (Rincon La Cala complex) and complained; they said that was how the system worked, but on my insistence they made a call and got the number, service and credit reinstated, on the understanding that I made a top-up within a few days.
Stand your ground, as a long-standing and upset customer, and go for one of the large Vodafone stores, rather than the tiny ones, which tend to be uninterested franchises.
Chris

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:16 am

I recently bought a cheap Vodafone SIM card and it seems to say that you must top it up after 6 months as otherwise it expires, and calls cost more if you don't use it for 3 months, but I'm not sure if that's the same for the Facil SIM I have as they seem to have different PAYG tariffs. I'm not a fan of their website or their service (found I don't get a signal at home although Orange is fine).

What I'd like to know is why when I top up with 5€ they only credit me with 4.13€!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:02 pm

5 Euro including IVA

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:40 pm

I had a similar problem with my Movistar PAYG mobile - as I wasn't visiting as frequently since hubby died, I'd forgotten to top it up every 6 months.
I ended up with HITs mobile, a subsidiary of Telitec (run on Vodafone) - couldn't keep my old number as it was long gone, but for an extra small fee (I thnk it was about €3 or 5p.a.) you can guarantee it for a year without the need to topup every 6 months :-)
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Dito hits. We do the same