Channel 5 SD on Humax box (can't see it)

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
fyfin
Resident

Channel 5 SD on Humax box (can't see it)

Postby fyfin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:59 am

We had high winds which slightly moved the large communal dish (2.2mtr here in Almeria). Previously all UK channels were being received no problem. But as President I get all the complaints and 3 people said they had lost Channel 5. I called the guy out and he did a bit of tweaking and C5 was perfect. Unfortunately in the process ITV and some BBC regional channels have gone so we're actually worse than ever.
When I talked to the people who had complained it turns out they all had Humax boxes and a further check showed that C5 on all of them was only in HD,
I managed to find an old forum from 2016 which seemed to indicate that an update had changed the EPG so C5 SD was replaced by C5 HD and the SD channel not shown at all on the EPG.

It strikes me it would have been better to have shown both but if I could somehow put the SD channel back on these Humax boxes it would possibly solve a problem. The guy is coming out today to move the dish again, hopefully to a position that will get them all. I think it would be better if he had a finder with an lcd screen though where you can see the channels but he had one previously and it was nicked. This one just whines lol.

However, I have no idea how to do it so if anyone here has an idea I would more than happy to try it.

The others hadn't complained because they're using old Sky boxes I think.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

fyfin
Resident

Re: Channel 5 SD on Humax box (can't see it)

Postby fyfin » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:05 am

I might have found the answer and it's not good. It appears that HD receivers will only get the HD channel 5. Yet BBC ITV etc all give you the option which is handy when there is a weaker signal.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

satandpcguy
Resident

Re: Channel 5 SD on Humax box (can't see it)

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:46 am

And C5SD and C5HD are all on the same frequency anyway, so if your dish is not good and it does not get one, it will not get the other anyway. So no point in having both versions on the EPG,..,

"This one just whines lol." - not the best for the accuracy that you need...
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it