Venz 4 k streaming box ?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Manchesteral
Resident

Venz 4 k streaming box ?

Postby Manchesteral » Tue Apr 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Hi, anyone using a venz 4 k streaming box and if so what do you think of it ?

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Venz 4 k streaming box ?

Postby costakid » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:22 pm

I have heard of most streaming boxes but not that one I’m afraid.

quebin
Resident

Postby quebin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:49 am

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:03 am

If you are looking for a low priced dedicated 4K smart TV box, have a look at the latest Fire TV dongle. Very stable and with a little know how, it's possible to side load Kodi and other Film and sports channels.

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:46 am

Yup that's the one, been offered one for €150.00 paid up for the rest of the year !

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 pm

150, seems very expensive for an android box unless it has some kind of tv subscription bundled.

Looks like a pretty poor spec, only 1/8mb memory and android 5, or maybe 6 according to amazon's listing where it's 90euros, which is still way expensive for the spec methinks.
Regards

Bob

Manchesteral
Resident

Postby Manchesteral » Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:41 pm

It has a shedload of tv subscriptions :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38 am

Can you tell us what you will want from a smart TV box and then people will advise? People who read this part of the forum will know I an not a fan of Pay services such as UK free to air services which can be received for free on dedicated Smart TV boxes.

I'm also not a fan of Android based boxes because you need an air mouse, which can be a bit frustrating. You model you show needs one and is another reason why a dedicated box is preferable.

Having said that the initial set up of some dedicated boxes can be awkward, needs a smart DNS and some members have found it daunting. It should also be remembered that no system is absolutely perfect unless you go for a pay service.

I mean you could go for the Spanish version of the cheap Amazon Fire TV dongle 39.99 Euros or cheaper when on offer and a subscription to Netflix which will give you access to loads of film and series or just subscribe using your existing Apple TV box.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:30 pm

Why do you say that for an android box you need an air mouse?. I use a standard Microsoft wireless mouse on mine along with the associated keyboard if I really get fed up picking characters off the on screen keyboard. I have tried the type of airmouse that you wave around and find them frustrating, however there are pretty cool wireless mousepad/keyboard devices out there, for example this one https://www.banggood.com/H18-Wireless-2 ... rehouse=CN which I have.

But at the end of the day for me wireless mouse is king
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:20 am

Sure a wireless mouse/ keyboard could be used and maybe that’s how you came to the conclusion that it’s king but even a mouse is very clumsy compared to a dedicated TV remote.

Especially As the Fire TV remote can control the basic TV functions such as volume and switching the TV on and off.

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:27 am

Yes completely agree Mark the Fire Remote is so user friendly in every way and makes everything very simple. Having used all combinations over the years if you set a benchmark for "user friendliness" at 10 I would give Firestick a 9+ a wireless mouse and keypad a 4 and an airmouse a 3.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:57 pm

How wonderful the Firestick/Fire remote control is is somewhat irrelevant since the OP is talking about a Venz Android box..
Regards

Bob

firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Postby firsttango » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:19 pm

The poster asked if anyone had experience of the Venz Android Box, which so far nobody seems to have, all Mark Wilding did in the spirit of the forum was suggest an Alternative and expressed the positives of the Firestick and on the subject of the excellent remote I happened to agree with him.......can't see your problem with either opinions being offered within this thread.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:51 pm

I don't have a problem...

My original response was directed at Mr Wilding's statement 'I'm also not a fan of Android based boxes because you need an air mouse' which is blatantly untrue and misleading to the OP who may well be an Android newbie.

As it happens I have had a firestick for a few years but use it very very rarely. I say use it I occasionally update it. I have it as a backup for my android box, but thus far my android box hasn't failed so firestick stays in standby.
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

casita-bonita wrote:My original response was directed at Mr Wilding's statement 'I'm also not a fan of Android based boxes because you need an air mouse' which is blatantly untrue and misleading to the OP who may well be an Android newbie.
You are being pedantic. The website advises a Air mouse but whether it's WIFI Mouse or Air mouse, my point is the same, both are very clumsy and are nowhere near as good as the current Fire TV, not the first generation version which you have, which is the worst version of all the Fire TVs

The new version remote even doubles up as an air mouse for browser use.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:35 pm

Not being pedantic at all, simply correcting your misinformation.

How on earth can a mouse be considered clumsy??? If that werre truly the case i somehow doubt that thay would have been used to control PCs/Macs for over 25 years and still are normally the defacto input device. Manufacturers would have switched to the obviously superior remote control of some sort.

I have to admit you make me chuckle.....
Regards

Bob

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Postby markwilding » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:02 pm

Obviously, you are correct because millions of people will be plonking themselves in front of their TVs tonight using a mouse to control their TVs.

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:56 pm

I bet he's thinking "If only I had a Mouse to control my T.V" :lolno: :lolno: :lolno:

I So Bella tis you

championc
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby championc » Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:25 pm

Manchesteral wrote:
Yup that's the one, been offered one for €150.00 paid up for the rest of the year !
Expensive. Subs for £25 - £45 / £75 for 3mths / 6mths / 12mths