house alarm

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
casita-bonita
Resident

Re: house alarm

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:33 pm

gerryh wrote:
casita-bonita wrote:
Can't get this to work on my phone. I set it up but the widget doesnt appear in the widget drawer (or whatever its called on android). Phone is running Android 7.0. However it does work on my tablet. Which isn't really very useful as it won't fit into my pocket.
My phone also is running Android 7.
The widget doesn't appear in the "widget drawer" but was added directly to one of my home screens. Have a look through all your home screens and see if you can find it then move it to your preferred screen.
Cheers
Gerry
Thanks Gerry

It didn't appear anywhere. But I just fixed it.. Uninstalled myverisure, reinstalled the same version from playstore. Lo and behold there it is in my widget drawer.

Have you ever pressed the red button. Alertcops has a test call to check it's working, which red button doesnt appear to have. Ok so I'm scared to press it incase it logs a live emergency.

I don't normally have location enabled on my phone. If i press the button does it request to enable location?
Last edited by casita-bonita on Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards

Bob

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Yes, it’s optional. You have to buy it and it adds a Euro or so to the monthly charge. It’s a bit bigger than a 50p piece (if you can remember them). It only works when in range of the control unit.

Sid

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Is there a listing of the optional extras/ facilities/ options?
Although I find the system very good I now find that I am disappointed by the original install and tuition.
The system was installed and all the tuition/ information I got was "press this to activate the system and de activate using the key fob."
When a technician visited later to change the batteries he asked where was the door open detector"
I said I didn't have one to which he replied I should have had one as part of the contract. He fitted one before he left.
I found the Guardian function by looking at all the options on the app.
I'm probably missing some other functions/ options.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:50 pm

I downloaded a manual in English some time ago. I can’t seem to find it on their site now. Give them a call and I’m sure they will tell you how to get one. Most of their options are shown on their website.

Sid

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:49 pm

For a list of available add on devices there is a 'my store' button on tje top left of the app. Hit that and it'll open a browser with a list of available devices and price. E.g the remote fob is 69 euros. Doesnt tell you what the additional monthly charge is.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:51 pm

Think i may have the english manual on my pc. Will check tomorrow.
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:12 am

Hi Bob
Thanks for the info.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:18 pm

I have a copy of the user guide in English. It's probably 4 years old or so and therefore doesn't have some of the newer devices. However it explains the control panel, remote panel and other then standard devices. I also have a manual for the live cam which is a separate device from the alarm system although integrated withing myverisure.

Seems that it's too big to attach here or maybe won't add because it's a pdf. PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
Regards

Bob

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:53 pm

we have the securitas system as well - 1x door, 2 x cameras, 1x smoke bomb thingy. We paid 80€ ish the first month, then 51€ ish each month following. it seems to fluctuate by a euro up or down? we are between alhaurin el grande and alhaurin de la torre.

Ours came with 6x flower keyring things for disactivating the alarm, we use 2 of them, the other 4 are in the box.

the app is good.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:39 pm

To cut a long story short, D**khead flicks cigarette end out of car window, just about to go to bed and wife smells smoke. Look out the door to see a wall of flame engulfing a good chunk of our land and heading towards the house. Used the SOS button on control pane to call fire brigade via securitas. Slightly surprised that they asked for our address/location as I thought they had it recorded in our profile. Really just needed to confirm the co-ords they had. Guardia arrived in 10 minutes or so, followed by bomberos 10 minutes or so later. In between times a friend up the track saw the flames and called 112 who told him that the call had already been received and services dispatched.

Fortunately, very fortunately there was little wind so the fire didn't spread uncontrollably and they had it extinguished within an hour or so. But even so it got within 10 metres of our house. Really can't fault the emergency services and Securitas have certainly proved that 50e per month is money well spent.

Lessons learnt tho.

1. The next day I sent securitas an email with confirmed gps co-ordinates and screenshot from Google Earth of our house location.
2. Buy a longer hosepipe. One of the Guardia guys was valiantly trying to dampen trees down preventing the fire from getting even closer to the house. Check
3. Buy a submersible pump the supply an additional hose from the pool. Check.

At the end of the day all good. We're fine and no real damage done other than having a lot of burnt land.

Finally getting to my point of this posting. I later checked with Securitas and the 'red button' service does send your location along with the call so you could use it anywhere. The pointed me at this website which explains it a little.

https://www.securitasdirect.es/alarmas/ ... p?lang=eng

Definitely finally, those of you who have securitas system and like us don't have a meaningful address get your confirmed co-ords registered with Securitas.

On last thing. We will be having a sale of roasted almonds shortly :-)
Regards

Bob

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Does anyone know which brand of electronic equipment contractors use i Spain?
For example HKC be one of the more common used in UK.
I have being advised that if we inform insurance companies we have alarm we get discount of about 10%
However if our house is broken into and alarm not activated they be reluctant to pay out.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:16 pm

No discount with linea directa. We asked after we had the system fitted.
Regards

Bob

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:08 pm

I should add lesson 4. The fire service send you a bill afterwards for services rendered.
Regards

Bob

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 pm

Was the bill large & is that covered by your insurance ?
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:58 pm

Rigjt now i have no idea. The bombero took details and said that they will send the bill direct to the insurance company. I expect at some point I will be informed how much it is.
Regards

Bob

marios
Resident

Postby marios » Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:32 am

I had a securitas system fitted many years ago (2006),when we came to live here 2016 they said the system had a vulnerability and fitted some kind of jammer, charged me for it and added 5euro to monthly bill taking it to 70 euro a month, they never told me it would increase my bill, on thinking about it why should I have to pay for a vulnerability to the system?, anyway 6 months later I decided to ditch the whole system and just ensure I had really good insurance cover, it took me a while after several phone calls to get someone to come, when he did come his sole purpose was to try and retain us as a customer eventually dropping monthly cost to 29euro but we were adamant we wanted rid so he gave up in the end, didn't stop them trying to take an extra monthly payment either.