iPad dropping WiFi

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Jenny1960
Andalucia.com Amigo

iPad dropping WiFi

Postby Jenny1960 » Sat May 18, 2019 8:01 am

I’m having trouble staying connected to any WiFi. One minute it’s fine and working fast but the next, it takes forever to load a page or, completely drops out and I get a message saying ‘no wifi’. I never have this problem with my iPhone. Any ideas please? TIA

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: iPad dropping WiFi

Postby markwilding » Sat May 18, 2019 10:45 am

First of all check your router is working properly. Obliviously, if everything else is connecting with no problems, then there might be a fault on the iPad.
The Wi-Fi antenna might be broken. Are you having the same problem with Bluetooth? If so this is a good sign that this is so.

My son's iPhone had to be almost on top of the router to connect. However, the 4G wasn't affected but he used his download allowance up quicker than necessary.

Reading this will take you through some simple steps to eliminate all other possibilities before you need to take it to a repairer..

https://www.payetteforward.com/ipad-not ... -real-fix/

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 pm

Apple have a store in La Canada shopping centre. Very helpful staff.

Jenny1960
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby Jenny1960 » Sat May 18, 2019 7:58 pm

Thanks Mark wilding for your suggestions. Checked router and everything is fine and also checked all the things in the link.....EXCEPT for changing the network settings. It says I will lose all Wi-Fi passwords which worries me as i’ve forgotten them!!

I think I’ll do as Costa says and ask the Apple store. Thank you both for your help

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat May 18, 2019 9:18 pm

Hi Jenny1960,

"It says I will lose all Wi-Fi passwords which worries me as i’ve forgotten them!!"

There is a good chance the WiFi Password is on the bottom of the Router.............. :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat May 18, 2019 9:52 pm

Reboot the iPad. If that doesn’t work, reset the network settings. As Enrique said, the password is on the router, unless you changed it. I assume you have rebooted the router as well.

It could be the router. A few days ago I had a WiFi problem. The router was connecting to the Internet OK but the WiFi, which was working fine could not connect to the Internet. Movistar fixed it remotely in a very short time. If you can’t fix it from the above suggestions call your Internet provider.

Sid