SmartDNSProxy not working

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
firsttango
Andalucia Guru

Re: SmartDNSProxy not working

Postby firsttango » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:50 am

Sid......I only had that problem on one device and that was my Macbook Pro.....solved simply by rebooting it. I have always since day one had my DNS set within my Movistar Fibre router.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Mon Jul 08, 2019 12:04 pm

That's what I would prefer, but for the time being I will revert to manual until I get it sorted out.

Sid

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:27 pm

I'm no longer with movistar for fibre but what make of Movistar router is it?

If I remember correctly the Askey is a cinch and works well with smart DNS but the other make, Mitrastar?, I think isn't so adaptable and needs a second router with the smart DNS settings to work correctly.

I'm with Avatel fibre and the Huawei router they supplied cannot have the settings modified so I have to use a second router.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:55 am

Its a Mitrastar - the new one with direct fibre connection. It's easy to change the DNS settings and it has been working fine until recently. I'm not going to try and fix it now as using SmartDNS in all devices is far more reliable.

Sid

northandsouth
Resident

Postby northandsouth » Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:29 pm

Fair do's, I do remember I had real problems with the Mitrastar one back in 2015, then they changed it to the Askey for me. As you say it appears only the Now box that can't be modified.