Changing inside router for Now TV

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Unicorn
Resident

Changing inside router for Now TV

Postby Unicorn » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:32 pm

I know I have to fiddle with the router but cannot remember how to enable playing of Now TV

I have done this before but cannot find the printout I had. I suspect I may have to change my router and I know there is a cope for getting inside the router and then I have to input something into the router.

Any help with where those instructions are.

Don't need it now but maybe shortly.....

Also has anyone tried the Now TV sticks?

Cheers :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

markwilding
Andalucia Guru

Re: Changing inside router for Now TV

Postby markwilding » Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:42 am

Most of the time you need to enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into your address bar of your browser. if not, you can find the IP address by typing 'cmd 'into the search bar in the toolbar at the bottom of your desktop. Older Windows versions press Win + R keys.
then type ipconfig.

You then need to enter the DNS numbers into your router, the way it's done will normally be slightly different for each router but the best way to find out how to do this part will be by going to the instruction page in the DNS company's website you are sighed up to. The DNS numbers you need to input will be found there as well.

If you have a router in which the settings cannot be changed, then you will need to connect it to one that can be. Moat members recommend a TPlink due to their competitive prices.

Unicorn
Resident

Re: Changing inside router for Now TV

Postby Unicorn » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:22 am

Thanks for that Mark

Movistar were just round here and I thought they were going to change the router, but they didn't. Thy said the exterior cable was bad. So God willing it will be OK but extra handy to have the advice now for what will surely be a next time.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: