Salud Responde

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Re: Salud Responde

Postby Wicksey » Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:43 am

It's a 4 week wait for a general GP's appointment in Kent. When my 92 year old FIL became very ill with a chest infection they couldn't offer anything before 10 days time and were reluctant to send anyone out. He ended up contacting a private DR in order to get treated properly ..... sounds dreadful. Here I usually get an appointment with the next couple of days.

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:03 am

The wait in Basingstoke is so long that my daughter has no option than to take emergency appointments when the kids need to see a GP. Whereas here in Sayalonga I can normally get an appointment next day on the occasions we need to see a doctor.

Take this week. My wife is experiencing vision problems in 1 eye. In to the GP at 09:30, out t 09:40 with a bit of paper to take to A&E in Velez. Had to wait an hour and a half to pick up a spanish friend as we figured eyes are too important to rely on our Spanglish. Arrive A&E in Velez at 11:30. Straight into Triage for initial assessment. 30 minutes later see the consultant who sent us to Opthalmology dept. 20 minutes later in with the ophthalmologist who performed a visual examination and ultrasound scan of her eyes. Figured out the problem and possible cause for which he prescribed a bunch of pills. Dropped into the pharmacy, presented medical card and was given a bag of antiobiotics, stomach protectors and valium for the grand sum of 15euros. By 2:30 we were enjoying a bacon sandwich in a bar in our village square.

You really cannot fault the treatment received and I seriously doubt that my private medical insurance would have matched the NHS service...
Regards

Bob

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:42 pm

I had an eye problem. not urgent. Was referred to Costa del Sol hospital by GP. After a few weeks I had not heard anything. Living only a few minutes drive away I called at hospital to enquire. Was told I would be 6 months or more just to see a Consultant.

GPs in Sussex have two clinics now. Always one Doctor for same day appointments and can always get one so cannot be compared with routine booked online.

Can't find the article I read, gave times for hip replacements etc. too but this turned up.

https://www.laopiniondemalaga.es/malaga ... 37408.html

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:58 pm

casita-bonita wrote:The wait in Basingstoke is so long that my daughter has no option than to take emergency appointments when the kids need to see a GP. Whereas here in Sayalonga I can normally get an appointment next day on the occasions we need to see a doctor.

Take this week. My wife is experiencing vision problems in 1 eye. In to the GP at 09:30, out t 09:40 with a bit of paper to take to A&E in Velez. Had to wait an hour and a half to pick up a spanish friend as we figured eyes are too important to rely on our Spanglish. Arrive A&E in Velez at 11:30. Straight into Triage for initial assessment. 30 minutes later see the consultant who sent us to Opthalmology dept. 20 minutes later in with the ophthalmologist who performed a visual examination and ultrasound scan of her eyes. Figured out the problem and possible cause for which he prescribed a bunch of pills. Dropped into the pharmacy, presented medical card and was given a bag of antiobiotics, stomach protectors and valium for the grand sum of 15euros. By 2:30 we were enjoying a bacon sandwich in a bar in our village square.

You really cannot fault the treatment received and I seriously doubt that my private medical insurance would have matched the NHS service...
Great post, really nothing beats actual first hand boots on the ground personal experience......beats any frantically googled searched contradictory link in my opinion. :silent:
I So Bella tis you

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:16 pm

katy wrote:I had an eye problem. not urgent. Was referred to Costa del Sol hospital by GP. After a few weeks I had not heard anything. Living only a few minutes drive away I called at hospital to enquire. Was told I would be 6 months or more just to see a Consultant.

GPs in Sussex have two clinics now. Always one Doctor for same day appointments and can always get one so cannot be compared with routine booked online.

Can't find the article I read, gave times for hip replacements etc. too but this turned up.

https://www.laopiniondemalaga.es/malaga ... 37408.html
I guess sometimes you win, sometimes you don't..

Know a couple of people who have had to wait some time for hip replacements. Not reached that stage in life yet. Seems like that would be a treatment to take privately maybe.
Regards

Bob

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:23 pm

Wonder why there are so many needing new hips now, some at a relatively young age, knees too. Could it be because people are living longer. It must have been constant pain and a wheelchair in the past before techniques were developed.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:03 pm

Sorry to bring this thread back to it's original topic as it seems to have drifted. :wave:
Despite all my efforts just can't get version 4.9.1 or previous version 4.9.0 to run on either mine or my wife's phone. :thumbdown:
However installing version 3.1.1 works perfectly on both phones.
Version 3.1.1 was the last version before 4.9.0
Don't understand how their version number system works. :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:23 pm

There often isn't any obvious logic behind version numbers, other than they increase with each release :-) Normally the first number represents a major version number, the following dotted numbers are minor releases or bugfix releases.

Does the app run at all after you have installed it?
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:12 pm

Yes vers 3.1.1 runs OK and I have an appointment with the doctor on Tuesday. :thumbup:
Agree logic would suggest that a major release after 3.1.1 would be 4.0 and not 4.9.0 :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

casita-bonita
Resident

Postby casita-bonita » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:30 pm

I meant the later version once it is installed :-)

Maybe they had a bucnh of release candidates that didn't make it out of the door. Don't see much change between 3.x and 4.x anyway...
Regards

Bob

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:14 pm

No vers 4.9.0 and 4.9.1 do not work on my phone.
Just get a white screen after opening them.
I will stay with 3.1.1, does all I need.
I have the .apk file on my phone so if ever I accidentñy "upgrade" to a non working app I can delete it and install from my .apk file.
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:10 pm

There is a new update available for this app. Maybe it will solve your connection problems.

gerryh
Andalucia Guru

Postby gerryh » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:08 pm

The new version, 4.9.2, works OK. :thumbup:
Perhaps my complaining to them prompted them into fixing the problem? :think:
Cheers
Gerry
Gerry Harris