Found iPad, Seville

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
richwhite

Found iPad, Seville

Postby richwhite » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:56 am

Hi. I found an iPad in Parque Maria Luisa (Sept 30th) and am trying to locate the owners.
They have the Westjet app so I think they are Canadian.
I thought I’d post a message here in case they use the forum at all.
Please spread this across your social media so I can find the owner and send it home.

NB. iPad is password/print protected and does not have cellular capability so it is not (as far as I know) sending or receiving any data that I can use to contact them. Siri is inactive in lock mode. I've tried plugging it into iTunes as well and it requires the password to initiate any connection there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Found iPad, Seville

Postby costakid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:02 am

Leave it powered and it may get a message come up with the owners details. I found an iPhone a few months ago and when i tried to turn it on a phone number came up on the screen for the owner. Via find my iPhone he had sent a message to his lost phone, I called the number and reunited him with his phone. Not sure if that works on iPads or not.

richwhite

Postby richwhite » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:11 am

I don't think it's receiving any data, it doesn't have cellular/4G capability and I can't connect it to wifi without unlocking it.
Keeping it powered up just in case though.

chrissiehope
Andalucia Guru

Postby chrissiehope » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:22 pm

Have you tried Facebook in Canada ? ( I don't even know if there is such a thing ;-) )
Alexandr for President (Squire for PM !)

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog it's too dark to read (Groucho Marx)

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Have you contacted the police there. Someone may have reported it missing. Anyway of getting unlocked like phones. Or it doesnt have emergency contacts like on a phone.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:01 pm

It is virtually impossible to unlock an iPhone. The FBI paid the Israelis about $5m to do it!

The owner should have locked it down so that if it is turned on and connected it can be found. Otherwise a lost or stolen IPhone/IPad is of no use to anyone.

Sid