Spam or not?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Spam or not?

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:04 am

I have received an email, allegedly from AETA saying “ La Agencia Tributaria ha emitido una notificación dirigida al NIF XXX0779XX.”
I cannot get into the website as it is not recognising my digital certificate (maybe due to Firefox updates?).
Does this look kosher for a message from the taxman, and how might I get to read it?
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spam or not?

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:16 am

Hi peteroldracer,
In your Email account , open email and find the Source of email

then put the IP address in ...........
https://www.ultratools.com/tools/ipWhoisLookup

Or similar IP Lookup sites.

Your Digital Signature should work in the Latest Firefox release.........69.0.2, I have shiny new DS and it's working OK in this Firefox version.

Has your DS expired :?:
Check your DS works with this site..............

https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE ... icio.shtml
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:27 am

Sorry Enrique - it was a text to my phone, not an email, so I cannot get any source info. The big nuisance is not being able to access the AEAT to see if there is any message!

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:29 am

What error do you get when trying DS on the AEAT site I posted ?

Have you had txt before from AEAT ?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:56 am

On the AEAT site I get "e ha producido un error:403
Error de identificación. No se detecta certificado digital o no se ha seleccionado correctamente.
Puede contactar con el servicio de atención al contribuyente indicando el código de error 403."
Digital Certificates were new 2018
Trying to view source on email (there was a mail as well as the text) I get a couple of pages of technical stuff but cannot see an IP address.....

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:16 am

The source email address will be there its sometimes hard to spot, usually just before the codes message body.

On Firefox goto Options -> Privact & Security -> Cookies ->Manage Data ...Search for agencia and delete these Cookies

Restart Firefox........

I'm off out now for bike ride catch you later............

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:54 am

Have you tried your digital certificate on another site, DGT or 060 Notificaciones for example?

Try it here:

https://www.sede.fnmt.gob.es/certificad ... rificacion

Have you tried a different browser? You will need to import your digital certificate first.

Does your wife's digital certificate work?

When did you last use it successfully?

At what stage does the error message appear? When you click on a link in the Sede Electrónica does the panel pop-up showing your digital certificates or does the error appear straight away. If not does it appear once you have clicked on your digital certificate?

The messages from AEAT do sound genuine especially as you have received an email and a text. Presumably you gave your telephone number and email address when you signed up for notifications.

Here is some information from AEAT on Error 403 in Firefox. Unfortunately there is no English translation but you could run it through Google translate.

https://www.agenciatributaria.es/AEAT.i ... dows.shtml

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:42 pm

Hi Beachy - I used the certificates to submit my Renta for 2018 back in June, without problems.
I just tried to get a Clave as another way to get in, but it does not accept the 7 number verification off her "residencia".....
I agree that they look kosher as I vaguely remember signing up to get notofications!

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:08 pm

UPDATE. I have got in - the certificates were in my Chrome browser? Idiot!!
It seems to be that they have picked up on the gestor we used for our 2015 & 2016 returns (I did the 2017) not declaring her civil service pension - despite us insisting that it should be......in the "exenta" box.
The worst thing now is that we are in the UK and not back home until 17th October, and there seems to be a time limit to respond....I will go buy a printer, print it off and go through and translate it all (easier with print in front on me) and go from there.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:47 pm

Join the club of people whose gestor has dropped them in it (b@stards). I have never used one and on the three occasions that AEAT has challenged my figures I have appealed and won. If I ever get a fine for a mistake I want it to be my mistake and not some toss-pot of a gestor.

You will not be able to reply online if the time limit has passed but make an appointment and call at the tax office on your return.

Don't forget that you can import the certificates into your Firefox browser if that is now your browser of choice. I don't even have Chrome on my computer, at least, I didn't until the last update of CCleaner. It installed Chrome without my knowledge or permission. I soon got rid of it again, though.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:59 pm

Just a thought, the clock starts ticking when you sign for the notification and if you sign for it during the first fifteen days of the current month you have until the 20th of the following month to respond so you should have plenty of time to get an appointment and attend the tax office when you return.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:48 pm

reassuring Beachy....thanks.
First thought is to see if I can send a copy of the requerimento to the abogado, as she was paid to submit our returns for 2015 &2016, due to me missing the deadline to do my own.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:54 pm

Just download it as a PDF and attach it to an email.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:08 am

Update for anyone following this: I do admit that my first reaction to the message and email was panic! They were not spam or scam, but I had forgotten that (thankfully) I had given permission for AEAT to send me such notifications. Glad I did, as we will not be back to get post until well after the 10-day deadline. Worth noting any of you who spend much time out of Spain...
The gestor was quick to point out that the letter is about 2015 Renta, whereas she did the 2016 & 2017 returns, so it is down to me, as I did this myself with help and advice from El Cid et al.
I have put the letter through Google translate but am little wiser as to what they want, and what I must do.....any volunteers to have a look and give me a brief interpretation into normal English from Spanish gobbledegook? I think they seek documentation to say what the income is (though it quotes cps pensions, but for far more than I remember it being), but am unclear how to get an appointment to discuss it, and what the deadline for this is. I will not be back home until the 18th, more than the 10 days.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:19 am

You can make an appointment here:

https://www2.agenciatributaria.gob.es/w ... tificacion

Further on you can select your office and time and date of appointment.

Did they state a 10 day deadline? It is usually longer than that.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 am

It says
LUGAR Y PLAZO. La contestación a lo requerido en este documento debe realizarse en el plazo de 10 días hábiles, contados a partir del día siguiente al de recepción de este escrito....”
Until we get back home I cannot see the return made for 2015, and see what I declared - how much and in which box I put it.
Re the Cita Previa, would the “Código Seguro de Verificación” be the referencia given at the beginning of their letter, under the N.I.F.?

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:03 am

No, it is the number at the bottom it says CSV or Código Seguro de Verificación. Entering this number has never actually worked for me so I have had to select a department.

Re the ten days, take a print out of your appointment showing the date you made it. If you enter an email address they will send you an email.

Can you not access your past tax returns online?

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:38 am

Appointment safely made, confirmed by their email.
I think they are looking for some proof that it is a crown pension (?) so will need to go through the filed paperwork at home, or get certification from HMRC/CPS.
At least I have time to prepare - appointment 24/10.
Thanks for help Beachy

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:40 am

My wife has a client with exactly the same problem which is exacerbated by the fact that someone else signed for his notifications in April and did not tell him. By coincidence we got him a digital signature a couple of weeks ago and it was only then that all the notifications came to light.

He has been submitting non-resident taxes and has proof of payment of UK tax on his Crown pension but has been adjudged to owe nearly six thousand pounds for 2014. He went to the tax office but obviously it was too late to present an appeal so he has to pay the amount they say he owes then claim it back.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:00 pm

So, was he a resident and didn't bother to submit a Spanish tax return - just the NR taxes?

Sid