Spam or not?

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Spam or not?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:08 pm

No, he is a genuine non-resident.

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:54 pm

So how on earth could he have generated a 6k tax bill?

Sid

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:07 pm

He has a fairly substantial pension and it also now has a 10% surcharge on it. They claimed in the documentation that he had paid no tax on the pension and decided that he was a resident.

Peter, just a further thought on this based on information from Málaga AEAT. I know you are in Murcia but theses rules and requirements should be the same nationwide. Well, that's the idea anyway.

It would appear, according to Málaga tax office, that a P60 showing your income and its source is not sufficient. They require a confirmation from the 'Paymaster' that your pension is, indeed, a Crown pension and, as such, you are obliged to pay income tax at source in the United Kingdom regardless of your fiscal residency.

This then need to be translated into Spanish by a UK notary public and be endorsed with the Apostille of the Hague Convention by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

You could go ahead and arrange this so that you are going to your appointment armed with the necessary documentation but they are just as likely to say that it is not necessary and you will have gone to that expense for nothing. On balance it is probably best just to go and find out exactly what they want, take a deep sigh and go along with it.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:10 pm

I can certainly manage a deep sigh whenever tax is mentioned....
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:34 pm

I think this is the relevant bit of the letter?
"De acuerdo con la información de que dispone la Agencia Tributaria, recibida en el marco de
cooperación administrativa establecido en la Directiva 2011/16/UE del Consejo, de 15 de febrero
de 2011, relativa a la cooperación administrativa en el ámbito de la fiscalidad, en el Convenio del
Consejo de Europa y la OCDE sobre Asistencia Mutua en Materia Fiscal, así como en los tratados
bilaterales de intercambio de información, se pone de manifiesto que en el año 2015 usted ha
percibido las rentas que se detallan a continuación.
Como consecuencia de lo anterior y, teniendo en cuenta el resto de rentas imputadas al
contribuyente y las rentas incluidas en su declaración anual por el Impuesto sobre la Renta de
las Personas Físicas, correspondiente al ejercicio 2015, resulta que no ha consignado en su
autoliquidación la totalidad de los rendimientos de trabajo obtenidos en el presente ejercicio.
Por este motivo se requiere la aportación de los certificados de retribuciones y retenciones sobre
rendimientos de trabajo personal y los certificados correspondientes a las pensiones o rendimientos
del trabajo obtenidos en el extranjero, o, en su defecto, los justificantes bancarios de las pensiones o
rendimientos del trabajo obtenidos en el extranjero y satisfechas en el ejercicio 2015.
-
Tipo de renta: Pensiones.
Pagador: Civil service pensions mycsp.
País: REINO UNIDO.
Renta percibida: "

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:48 pm

It is not clear from that what they want but I would think that it is the same as in the case I referred to, ie some kind of letter from the Paymaster of your pension. Whether they would insist on it being translated and apostilled remains to be seen.

I would be inclined, in the first instance, just to produce your P60s showing your income and the tax paid.

peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

Postby peteroldracer » Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:44 pm

I have the p60s ready, and have printed the declaration for 2015. It clearly shows the civil service pension that I think they are querying, although the figure is slightly different (maybe they have used a conversion from GBP to Euro, whereas I put the actual figure paid into the bank in Euros..).
I had entered it into Box 470, for "Rentas exentas, excepto para determinar el tipo de gravamen" Does this sound right, or have I put it in the wrong box?
El Cid's FAQ guide says use box 525, but this looks certainly wrong on the form I filled in, and I do seem to remember that they changed some of the Padre boxes around and Cid told me 470?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:39 am

It's box 525 on the most recent (2018) declaration, but it seems to change almost every year! You seem to have entered it correctly - as long as the box description is, as you said, "Rentas exentas, excepto para determinar el tipo de gravamen", you are OK. It's the first box you need as that is exempt normal income, the second box is for exempt savings income.

Sid