UK TV on Netflix

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
markwilding
Andalucia Guru

UK TV on Netflix

Postby markwilding » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:26 am

More and more programs on UK TV are being co-produced by Netflix. For example, I'm a fan of the BBC drama 'Peaky Blinders'. The last series, just finished on BBC 1 a couple of weekends ago but is already on Netflix. The benefit of watching it on Netflix is that they have it in UHD.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: UK TV on Netflix

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 06, 2019 10:51 am

The other good thing with netflix is you can have it in the UK and also in Spain as it allows multiple users on 1 account. Kids live in the Uk, you live in Spain everyones a winner.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Yes. I use Grandson's Netflix and he uses my Sky go. Daughter also uses both in Paris.

Chunky Monky
Resident

Postby Chunky Monky » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm a bit late to this party.

A lot of Netflix stuff is available on Netflix USA and not necessarily on other Netflix sites until later (if ever).

With SmartyDNS, I can log into the USA site and stream perfectly well. In DNS settings you change them.
Websites region: US
DNS server: Europe

If you can't find something you want to see, it's worth a punt.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:47 pm

markwilding wrote:More and more programs on UK TV are being co-produced by Netflix. For example, I'm a fan of the BBC drama 'Peaky Blinders'. The last series, just finished on BBC 1 a couple of weekends ago but is already on Netflix. The benefit of watching it on Netflix is that they have it in UHD.
Of course will be different in the UK, as it will be on iPlayer initially...with Netflix having non UK rights...if those rights have not already been sold to other broadcasters before Netflix got on board...
costakid wrote:The other good thing with netflix is you can have it in the UK and also in Spain as it allows multiple users on 1 account. Kids live in the Uk, you live in Spain everyones a winner.
katy wrote:Yes. I use Grandson's Netflix and he uses my Sky go. Daughter also uses both in Paris.
But in their recent financial reports, Netflix have again stated that they are looking at ways to stop such "account abuse". One way would be to look at IP addresses...and check "days out of the country" for that account.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... ogins.html

And of course, remember that after Brexit, UK pay platforms will no longer have to be made available on a "limited number of days" basis for holiday makers / travellers, so back to VPNs and DNSs for the likes of UK Netflix and SkyGo
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Paulinmalaga
Resident

Postby Paulinmalaga » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:53 pm

satandpcguy wrote:
And of course, remember that after Brexit, UK pay platforms will no longer have to be made available on a "limited number of days" basis for holiday makers / travellers, so back to VPNs and DNSs for the likes of UK Netflix and SkyGo
So at this rate no need to worry until possibly 2029 :lolno:
I So Bella tis you

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:36 pm

If at all.

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:53 am

I think Netflix already monitor it as Daughter has mentioned a couple of times that she has had a message she needs to log in in UK. Don't know how frequent but she is usually in the UK every 6 weeks or so for a long weekend.

satandpcguy
Resident

Postby satandpcguy » Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:42 pm

I dont think that is anything to do with this "account sharing".
That sounds more likely to be their "holiday" or "traveller" system...ie you can use UK paid services for a limited number of days in the EU withut VPNs / SNDS, before you need to log in again in the accounts "home country" to start the day counter again.
The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Mcphailan
Tourist

Postby Mcphailan » Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:18 pm

UK old bbc and itv shows are moving more and more to britbox.

I have cancelled netflix. However its got a great range if you like US drama (i dont) and some of its home grown uk progs such as black mirror is diverting.