Telefonica email address scam

Information and help in the IT field of computers, internet, ISP's, mobile and fixed line telephones plus satellite TV systems.
Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Telefonica email address scam

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 am

This is a new one on me but it seems to have been around for a while. If you have a Telefónica email address beware of any email you receive that starts like this.

Nos disculpamos por las molestias, pero al parecer, los mensajes enviados a la dirección youremail@telefonica.net ya no están siendo entregados o redirigidos.

Hemos inhabilitado temporalmente el envío de cualquier comunicación hacia youremail@telefonica.net.

A fin de poder seguir recibiendo mensajes importantes nuestros (es decir, del Centro de Comunicación Web, comunicaciones del portal Movistar - Telefonica y Servicio de correo, cambios en la cuenta, notificaciones, etc.), por favor, complete el siguiente paso:

It is a scam trying to get you to click on a link. The email address referred to in the one sent to me is still working and a check with the Movistar forum confirms that it is a scam.

I have my suspicions from where this originates but I cannot prove it.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telefonica email address scam

Postby costakid » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:56 am

Thanks for the heads up Beach. The Nigerian scammers are getting quite clever.

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telefonica email address scam

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:21 am

Unless it is a huge coincidence and I am totally wrong I would say that it is a lot closer to home than that.