A pat on the back

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
peteroldracer
Andalucia Guru

A pat on the back

Postby peteroldracer » Sat May 21, 2011 8:22 pm

I hope the admin will allow me to pay a compliment to a Velez-Malaga business: I noticed a slow puuncture, so called at neumaticosmerino in Velez to see if they could sort it. Unfortunately they were about to close for siesta, but the manager rang the branch at El Ingenio "Eroski centre" in Brit-speak) and said they would be ready for me. They were, and the young man there set to - he ashowed me the cause, a bodged repair carried out by a workshop in Venta Baja (obviously I did not know that they had simply stuck a plug in, not trimmed off, no vulcanising etc). He carried out one repair, tested it only to see a tiny amount of bubbles from the site, had another go with the same result - mainly because the original puncture hole had been enlarged in Venta Baja - with the same result. He then repeated the process and got a repair he and I were happy with.
He was cheerful and helpful throughout - waved away a tip (until forced) - total charge 11-80€.
I used to cough to disguise a [email protected] I f@rt to disguise a cough.