Checking for Traffic Offences

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
vinuela vinny
Resident

Checking for Traffic Offences

Postby vinuela vinny » Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:33 am

Apologies if this has been asked before, but my efforts at searching for the topic have not produced any success......

Is there any way of periodically checking online, whether or not an individual or vehicle have any outstanding traffic offences recorded against them?

Any thoughts welcomed, and thanks in advance

All the best for 2018

Vincent

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Re: Checking for Traffic Offences

Postby Enrique » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:20 am

Hi vinuela vinny,
Get yourself registered on the DGT site and get Notifications............ :idea:
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:12 pm

Check the http://www.bopmalaga.es website for your nie or registration number. (Don't use your name, it's surprising how many of us are over here that we don't know about )

Edited because I checked, it's not .com it's .es :)
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.

McT
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby McT » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:14 am

I was looking at the TESTRA site (https://sede.dgt.gob.es/es/aplicaciones ... cado.shtml) to see if there were any outstanding fines, but it appears to hold data for only the previous year. If you enter a date in the advanced search section more than a year in the past you get an error message.

Is there a way to discover if there are any historic speeding tickets? Ten years ago I moved house and followed advice on this forum that only the town hall needed to be informed and they would pass the information to the DGT. Some years later I discovered that only some ayuntamientos do it - and not mine. Now I'm too scared to come clean in case there is thousands to pay! Not that I'm really expecting there to be unpaid speeding fines, but you never know.........

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:23 pm

Does anybody have any experience of this working...ie did you receive emails? I picked up a fine last week (stopped by the PGC) and did not get an email. I had previously registered. I went in to check and there is also no fine listed under my account. The reason I ask is the Guardia made an error and put the incorrect address on the fine. His error as I merely gave him my documents and he input the details incorrectly. So if there is a fine in the post it will go to the wrong house.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Postby elusive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:45 pm

Some insurance companies like linea will tell you if u have one

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:59 pm

I had a text message telling me I had an email. I opened the email and downloaded the details of the offence. Luckily it was the guy who had just bought my car so easily sorted.

Sid

Paddy Pumpkin
Resident

Postby Paddy Pumpkin » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:06 pm

Any idea how long after the offence was committed before you were notified?

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:25 pm

I can't remember exactly, but within a few days.

Sid

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:44 am

Only slightly related, but might be useful to someone...

Returning from my ITV on 17/7, I realized a bit late that a temporary 80 limit was on the stretch. DGT posted the picture (90kmh) on 23/7 but I left Spain on 24/7 and didn't pick it up until 28/8. I went straight online and was quite surprised to still qualify for the €50 bill instead of €100 as the discount's supposed to be only if paid within 20 working days. I know there are a lot of official holidays in August - was that my lucky break or does the grace stretch so long as you get in there before they have to take further action? Either way, nice to get a break.