Organised car tours - Guardia Civil

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Organised car tours - Guardia Civil

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:27 pm

katy wrote:Maybe too much time on their hands, although I think we have all met bitter expats who poke, pry and gossip. I can never understand why it doesn't bother them that some of their Spanish neighbours drive around uninsured and untested too. I wonder if anyone reports all those clapped out Polish and Romanian cars on the M1 etc. in UK.

Great hobby though, think about the satisfaction seeing an old guy, probably skint and maybe with e.g. a heart condition stuck in Gibraltar. Mission accomplished ha ha.
This is utter twaddle from beginning to end. You put Leapy Lee in the shade.
Chris

1bassleft
Resident

Postby 1bassleft » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:44 am

One last bit of on-topic; La Vuelta A Espana is heading out of the Granada area now, Olive, but it might be an idea to check for similar road-closing events along your intended route if the drive's not taken place yet.

And, seeing as off-topic is all the rage, my trans-Europe car has an 02 plate and an amalgam of road dust and Catharkaze insect life all over it. It's a bit outdated to assume a 2,000 mile trip at an almost constant 110kmh is beyond a car made 15+ years ago; they're not Marinas and Allegros anymore.

Ironically, it's keeping to the law (as a UK resident, I can't drive my Spanish car even out of the tunnel to my brother's house in Cheriton, legally) that was a factor in getting a between-places vehicle and I know of others who've done the same. Fair enough to thoroughly dislike your known dodgers, but random foreign car hatred... it could be me driving it (although there's good reason to thoroughly dislike me, in truth).

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:14 am

Very easy to grass someone up anonymously for a road traffic infringement but I wonder how many of you part time coppers would step in if you saw a drug deal taking place. Answer NONE of you.

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Postby costakid » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:16 am

El Cid wrote:
costakid wrote:Cant believe how many part time hobby bobbies are on here.
Perhaps its because those of us who have bought Spanish cars have paid the same registration tax as these scumbags are trying to avoid by not registering their UK cars. I bought a new car 18 months ago and the registration tax was nearly €1500.

Sid
So now we are taking it as read that if its on UK plates the owner is a scumbag. Could they not be totally legal and drive back and forth in the window allowed to be legal?

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 am

Costakid,
#1 is a matter of personal safety
#2 None of us have suggested that; go back and read the posts.
Chris

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:34 am

This thread has now gone so far off topic, I am closing it.

Sid