Long Term Car Rental/Lease

Information and questions about driving in Andalucia, buying or importing cars and motorbikes plus legal issues surrounding taxes and licenses.
ksabm
Tourist

Long Term Car Rental/Lease

Postby ksabm » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:01 pm

Hello,

Does anyone know any company that provides long term car rentals to expats? My husband and I moved to Spain about 7 months ago and trying to sort out a car has been the hardest thing ever. We finally took a 1 year Flexi Rental scheme from Enterprise only to be told 3 months into the contract that they are stopping the scheme because they are not making enough profit and gave us two options, either return the car within 30 days or increase the monthly price to 750 euros (about 200 euros more than what we currently pay). So we are trying to find an alternative option.

Edit: We live in Huelva (near Seville) and we are here on a 1-2 years agreement with our employer depending on how things go. So we are not looking to buy a car.
Last edited by ksabm on Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

elusive
Andalucia Guru

Re: Long Term Car Rental/Lease

Postby elusive » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:27 pm

If you live near malaga airport alot of the car hire companies allow you to rent longterm but you have to take the care back every 4 weeks (classed as a new rental) or so to be checked over.

Wouldnt it be easier just buying a cheap second hand car considering what you are paying out each month in rental costs

ksabm
Tourist

Postby ksabm » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:38 pm

Sorry I should have been more clearer. We live in Huelva (near Seville) and we are here on a temporary basis, its a 1 to 2 year agreement with our employer so buying a car didn't seem great especially after having looked at the second hand market in Spain.

spanish_lad
Andalucia Guru
Location: Alhaurin el Grande since 99, cartama campo since 2022

Postby spanish_lad » Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

i paid 600€ for my car, admitedly its a 2002 renault, but its not let me down in 5 years.. just saying...

there are 2 companies here in malaga that i can think of, they hire cars on a long term basis - arrow cars : https://www.arrowcars.es/flexi-lease/

I´ve nothing to do with them, and i dont know them. a fiat panda "sized" car is only 270€ a month.
Alhaurin el Grande since 99, working at the airport since 2011.