Mijas Donkeys

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
katy
Andalucia Guru

Mijas Donkeys

Postby katy » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:09 am

I suppose most of you have seen the video Podemos put on YouTube showing the donkey owner kicking an exhausted donkey in the mouth. Here is a petition to sign.

https://www.change.org/p/ayuntamiento-d ... m=copylink

kexon
Resident

Re: Mijas Donkeys

Postby kexon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:35 pm

Thanks Katy, yes i have seen the video,its awful,poor donkey.I dont know, sometimes i think i am living in Egypt instead of Spain, it beggars belief,will sign the petition.I mean what sort of person would treat any animal like that,where is the compassion, or lack of it!

patricia
Andalucia Guru

Re: Mijas Donkeys

Postby patricia » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:01 pm

There have been lots of publicity about the plight of the Donkeys in Mijas. They did build them a shade to wait under but I gather that it has been dismantled.

Those donkeys should only be allowed to work a number of hours per day. Why isnt the Mayor doing more for gods sake to help these animals and all the rest as well, cats dogs etc. Terrible to see that and also to know that very little has changed over the years. The amount of puppies and kittens thrown in the rubbish bins seems to get worse rather than better. :(
Torrox Costa "El mejor clima de Europa"