cat reacting strangely ...

Are you looking for information or help related to pets in Andalucia. Post your questions and advice about domestic pets, veterinary services, legal issues.
gavilan
Andalucia Guru

cat reacting strangely ...

Postby gavilan » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:50 pm

I have a part Siamese cat ... she just turned up here some 6 or so years ago ... last night a friend and I were having an evening drink on the patio ... friend starting whistling a tune he remembered ... the cat responded by mewing at/to him ... friend sat downw on the patio to be closer to the cat ... she would walk away ... still mewing ... then come back really close to him and looked at him, ... and mewed at him ... she did that lots of times ... only stopped when the whistling stopped ... I could not tell if she was upset, or excited or remembered being whistled at/to whwn she was a kitten ... never seen her react that way before ...

alisonb
Resident

Re: cat reacting strangely ...

Postby alisonb » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:19 pm

I suspect if she had been upset she would have run away. She sounds like a very bright cat, but obviously not as bright as my little girl!
AlisonB

wollie
Resident

Postby wollie » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:51 pm

Some people believe in re-incarnation and though i am a kinda-of a christian i did like the idea of re-incarnation until a friend of mine told me having 2 legs was the ultimate goal and then we go back.
I think your "*beep*" may have being here before..

Wicksey
Andalucia Guru

Postby Wicksey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:34 am

One of our cats reacts to certain sounds and goes absolutely mad for those greetings cards that play a tune. I was once sent one for Xmas and she jumped up and grabbed the card and started ripping it to bits. We kept the musical part of the card and it's her 'party trick' now. She mews and goes really mad. I did once see an article on TV where someone had created music for cats and it seems that quite a lot do react to certain pitches.

Or it could be that they hate it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyCMi5EtbTM

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:41 pm

Our cat has adapted very well to her new surroundings since moving back to the UK a couple of months ago. Being a strictly indoor cat, it's not too difficult for her. One thing that does drive her nuts, though: our next door neighbours have lots of coloured solar/LED lights scattered around their back garden, which look pretty cool to me but obviously really irritate the cat for some reason - she stares in a rather menacing way at them every night when they first come on!
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.