NO_ENCSARP?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
rafiki
Resident

NO_ENCSARP?

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:59 am

The OH and I each received a letter recently that appears to refer to elections and residency, or not, and contains a reference to NO_ENCSARP. I have run it through the Google translator but neither of us can make sense of it. Could somebody here help with a translation and tell us if it requires any action on our part please? The text is as follows:

El Consejo de Empadronamiento, a propuesta de formación del CERE (Censo electoral de europeos
de la UE y Noruega) para las elecciones al Parlamento Europeo de junio de 2009 y de la actualización
conjunta de los Padrones municipales, y atendiendo a las observaciones de los representantes locales,
ha informado favorablemente la propuesta de ampliación de la realización de comprobaciones
periódicas de la continuidad de residencia a todos los ciudadanos extranjeros que no están obligados a
renovar su inscripción padronal cada dos años. Esto incluye a los ciudadanos de la Unión Europea y
de los Estados parte en el Acuerdo sobre el Espacio Económico Europeo, así como los que, sin
pertenecer a estos países, tienen tarjeta de residencia de régimen comunitario (por ser familiares de
comunitarios) y aquellos que tienen autorización de residencia permanente denominados
NO-ENCSARP.

En virtud de dicha propuesta se pone en marcha el procedirrriento de comprobación de residencia de
los extranjeros NO-ENCSARP no inscrito en el Registro Central de Extranjeros.

En caso de no efectuar dicha declaración se iniciará el correspondiente procedimiento de Baja de
Oficio.
Brian.

hillybilly
Andalucia Guru

Re: NO_ENCSARP?

Postby hillybilly » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:22 am

ENCSARP = Extranjeros no comunitarios sin autorización de residencia permanente
Last edited by hillybilly on Sat Oct 10, 2009 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:27 am

Thanks. Any idea what the rest of it means?
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:33 am

Hi rafki,
Until the language gurus come along.............

permanent residence permit (ENCSARP)

ESTRANGERS NO COMUNITARIS SENSE
AUTORITZACIÓ DE RESIDÈNCIA
PERMANENT (ENCSARP)

http://www.myetymology.com/encyclopedia/ENCSARP.html
All my best learning experiences start with a problem I need to solve.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:00 am

Hi rafki,
What is the date on the letter,had similar ages ago saying if I wanted to Register to vote in June 2009 European elections to return form within 15days .Mine came from Jaen office.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:06 am

Dated 28.09.09 and was hand delivered together with a few other things from the ayuntamiento.
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:28 am

Hi rafki,
Interesting that it mentioned the June elections as they were held 4 June 2009 – 7 June 2009 well before you got the letter .
This is were you find the on-line translators aren't as good as you would like :(

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:54 am

Hi rafki,
Did you type that letter in or use OCR scanner ? and if so what was the package :?:
As Chrissihope on another thread was wanting info on OCR (Spainish)

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:57 am

I scanned it into Acrobat 7 and told it to OCR (set to Spanish) and then copied and pasted it.

Thanks for your input BTW. Still not sure though whether I have to do anything as a result of receiving it :?
Brian.

Enrique
Andalucia Guru

Postby Enrique » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:21 am

Hi rafiki,
Reading through the letter again my take on it is that they want you to confirm with their records that you're still about and don't want to loose your right to vote.

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:29 am

My feeling too. Can anyone here confirm that perhaps?
Brian.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Brian

Myself, hubby, daughter and 10 yr old son got one too. I am going into Ayuntumiento next week (after visitors have gone). I thought it was asking me to take in my new residencia card (even though its now that awful bit of paper) to re register on the padron as we had now been here for 5 years as the guy delivering them mentioned it was my aniversario, so I thought they were being really on the ball, as was almost 5 yrs to the day, that we registered on the Padron, but before I go I will let my daughter clarify it for me. :D - just goes to show you should never assume anything and it was delivered when I had about 30 10yr olds in the garage having a party....so my mind else where :lol: :lol:

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:13 pm

We're back to UK on Monday so perhaps you'll let me know what you find out next week Mary?
Brian.

DavidSearl
Andalucia.com Amigo

Postby DavidSearl » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:28 pm

FROM DAVID SEARL

FOR RAFIKI AND OTHERS

Yes, the towns want you to periodically check in to stay on the "Padron". Which means you can stay on the voting list as well. They want Spaniards to do this, too, to keep the "Padron" more or less up to date, so it is not just foreigners. They want Spaniards to do it every five years, when they are required to renew their residence cards.

Those persons who are not EU citizens are supposed to check in every two years. This started because of all the recent immigrants from non-EU countries, many with dodgy work permits, in order to keep track of them. It also affects non-EU citizens who do not hold a five-year "permanent resident" permit.

I keep saying "supposed to" and "they want you to" instead of "the law requires you to" because there isn't a law requiring it. The worst they can do, as they state, is to drop you from the "Padron", meaning you cannot register to vote in local or European elections and you may not be eligible for other municipal benefits.

I was certainly just as mystified as you when I saw the wonderful term "No-Enscarp".

Best Regards, David Searl
You and the Law in Spain

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:39 pm

Thanks David. It will be interesting to read what Pilgrim2 finds our from our ayuntamiento this week whether there is a form to fill in again or whether we should just attend and say 'hola' to the bloke at the reception desk!
Brian.

pilgrim2
Resident

Postby pilgrim2 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:15 am

Hi Brian,

Went along today, just as I thought, wanted to check my piece of paper (that replaced the residencia card) checked the numbers corresponded, put a red tick against his copy, confirmed I continue to be registered on the padron, all and done and dusted for another 5yrs :D May be for you as a non- resident the time lines are different - less than 5 yrs.???

rafiki
Resident

Postby rafiki » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:23 am

Thanks Mary. 4 years for us. I guess we'll take passports and NIEs along and hope for the best.
Brian.