Bank repossession - different prices on websites

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
HugoW
Tourist

Bank repossession - different prices on websites

Postby HugoW » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:19 am

Hello
Has anyone experienced this or can anyone offer advice please?
I know that often houses are on different websites at different prices. We viewed a bank repossession recently and weren't able to make an offer that day. When we did make an offer within a few days, the price had gone up by 19,000 euros. The property is still on a couple of websites at the previous price which we have offered to the estate agents involved but we don't even know if they are passing it on to the bank. Is anyone familiar with Consumer Law in Spain? Our solicitor has emailed the estate agents too and they just say that if we don't want to pay the new price, we'll have to wait and see if they are reduced again in the future. I keep sending emails to the bank and the estate agents but am getting nowhere.
(I will pop this on the moving to Spain page but please delete if it should only go on one.)
Many thanks.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: Bank repossession - different prices on websites

Postby TorreDelAguila » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:51 pm

They're obviously treating it as an auction.
Items on Ebay similar: the same item from the same vendor at vastly different prices. Not difficult to work out why.
Chris

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Bank repossession - different prices on websites

Postby costakid » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Agents in Spain can ask what they want for a property. My experience is they find out what the seller will accept and try and get as much as possible from a buyer. Even more so if the buyer is a foreigner.