EU Driving Licence

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Unicorn
Resident

EU Driving Licence

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Does anyone know what, if anything, we as UK citizens and soon not to be EU ones, have to do about Spanish/EU driving licences?

Do we have to have UK ones, international ones (if they exist)?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Re: EU Driving Licence

Postby TorreDelAguila » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:06 pm

Presumably, if you are resident in Spain, you will obtain a Spanish (ie EU) licence when your old one expires; if you are UK resident, you will obtain a UK one, which will - surprise, surprise - be of a format recognised and valid across the EU, but no doubt prominently displaying a Union Jack, and quite possibly a good bit of Blue.

Alternatively, some other arrangement. Or not. As could be the case if and when they can work it out. Maybe.

Never mind, cheer up, at least Rajoy has been seen off today. The prison sentences for his associates are mind-boggling, not to mention the fines.
Chris

Unicorn
Resident

Postby Unicorn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Yup, delighted to see the back of Rajoy.

I already have a Spanish/EU licence. I just wondered that when I am no longer an EU citizen what changes.

I had an old UK passport years ago and am convinced it was black, but everyone says they were blue, hey ho.

A Union Jack? If NI and Scotland go that will look a bit thin!

El Cid
Andalucia Guru

Postby El Cid » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:09 pm

Nothing will change. Many non EU countries are entitled to exchange their licences for Spanish ones, such as Argelia, Argentina, Bolivia, Brasil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Filipinas, Guatemala, Macedonia, Marruecos, Nicaragua, Panamá, Paraguay, Perú, República Dominicana, Serbia, Túnez, Turquía, Ucrania, Uruguay y Venezuela.

I am sure that the UK will be added to that list after Brexit.

Sid