Telephone Cable crossing above veranda of property

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Telephone Cable crossing above veranda of property

Postby jamesbowker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:39 pm

A slightly trickly moral dilemma greeted me on arrival at my house last week. An elderly neighbour has had a new telephone/internet connection installed and the cable running from his house to the new telephone poll traverses the first floor veranda of my property, I could, if I wanted to, reach up and touch the cable. I am on good terms with the neighbour and could speak to him about the problem but I'm unsure where I stand with the law, is the phone company allowed to route cables in this way? They had options but crossing my property was the most direct and easiest option Has any reader encountered a similar problem? I don't want to cause a problem with the neighbour and understand as an elderly person the phone/internet connection is likely providing an essential service for him. The only reason I am worried and not "letting live" is that, in the future, we may want to install awning on the veranda as it is an outside space that is used frequently. If we proceeded to do so would the onus then be on me to deal with the re-routing of the cable, a potentially irritating bureaucratic procedure that I would rather avoid!

costakid
Andalucia Guru

Re: Telephone Cable crossing above veranda of property

Postby costakid » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:54 pm

you could use the excuse that you are thinking of putting something there in the near future. I would say better to get it moved now rather than later as once its been there for a while it may be more difficult to get the phone company to move it. Be diplomatic with your elderly neighbour and you should be ok.

jamesbowker
Andalucia.com Amigo

Re: Telephone Cable crossing above veranda of property

Postby jamesbowker » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:22 pm

Thank you for quick reply, yes I agree that's probably the best way forward