Unknown Embargo on Bank Account

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
scs3jb
Tourist

Unknown Embargo on Bank Account

Postby scs3jb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:15 pm

I have an "embargo" on my account. The entry is for a sizable amount, much more than the IBI payments which are seperate and when i click it it just says #embargo.

The 'organismo oficial' is "Ayuntamiento de Malaga" and there is a 'numero de diligencia', but I can't find any record of what it is. I have received no warning, letters, sms, etc.

I have a direct debit and my IBIs are paid up on time. How can I find out what this is?

scs3jb
Tourist

Re: Unknown Embargo on Bank Account

Postby scs3jb » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:33 pm

I managed to track down this page:
https://sede.malaga.eu/micarpeta/Condeu ... eam?id=102
Seems this relates to a fee for home improvements back in 2019. None of the reference numbers match, nor does the amount (they have added a fee), nor do i have any record, receipt or correspondence. The 'paid date' roughly however matches the #embargo, so it looks like this is the source.

Really dodgy, the government really should do better and at least email / send a letter for bills due.

TorreDelAguila
Resident

Postby TorreDelAguila » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:18 am

1 - It could be a scam, so be careful.
2 - If in doubt, go to your nearest tax office and ask for confirmation and clarification.

I have just had to do this, for an additional IBI sum (almost €200) raised for "arrears" of IBI from 2016-17.
Turns out IBI was 'adjusted' (raised), following revision of our square meterage*, but although being on monthly DD for IBI payment, the sum which had been collected had been insufficient.
Tax office explained all this, and half-apologised for its not having been collected on-the-drip by DD.

* If IBI is altered mid-year, the change applies to all twelve months of that calendar year, so a tweak in April does not just affect April onwards.
Chris

pensure1988
Resident

Postby pensure1988 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:21 am

Good Morning

1) Have you enquired from your Bank for more information regarding this Debit to your Account.

2) Suggest you get your Local Gestor or Historia to help you investigate this situation

David

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Postby Beachcomber » Sun Oct 07, 2018 1:57 pm

The bank staff will be unable to add to the information given on the documentation. Bank account embargos are usually initiated by AEAT on behalf of another entity. This is certainly the case with the Patronato.

If you are able to access the link shown in your second post I assume you have a digital certificate. If so, have you tried using it to access the Sede Electrónica of the AEAT site? The document leading to the embargo should be shown under 'Mis notificaciones' or, possibly, 'Mis expedientes'.