How do I contact tax authorities (agencia tributaria)?

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
olliejaeger
Tourist

How do I contact tax authorities (agencia tributaria)?

Postby olliejaeger » Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:23 pm

Does anyone know how I can contact the tax authorities via email? I've received an online notification to say I owe income tax and the associated penalty fee, but I can't find anywhere in the AEAT portal to reply and explain that the tax has already been paid! Unfortunately I'm not going to be back in Spain until Easter, so I will have to try and sort this out from a distance... Any help would be greatly appreciated - Thank you and merry Christmas!

Beachcomber
Andalucia Guru

Re: How do I contact tax authorities (agencia tributaria)?

Postby Beachcomber » Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:16 pm

I think a member stated recently that they had contacted AEAT by email but, as far as I know, there is no reliable facility to to do so. You can contest a fine online if you have a digital certificate but the only other way is to attend an AEAT office in person.

You can call them on 917575777 or 915548770 but I think this is only for information and they cannot discuss specific queries.

You could also try sending a copy of the documentary evidence of payment by post to your local tax office with the promise to call in person the next time you are in Spain

olliejaeger
Tourist

Postby olliejaeger » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:27 pm

Thanks Beachcomber

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:03 pm

Just to add to Beachcombers advice - do send your letter to the local Hacienda office AEAT via Registered Post - they can have a habit of pretending not to receive claims and problems via ordinary mail, and will only recognise Registered (called Certificado in Spain) and also you will then be able to track the envelope and know yourself when it has arrived, so you can follow up your enquiry with that info to hand and they cannot deny knowledge of it!! I know we have all had moans about Certificado post in Spain taking far too long to get there, but really for government offices it is the only way to go, and also they will normally reply via the same method.
Also, keep copies of EVERTHING you send, just in case!
If you have a Gestor, who deals with your tax affairs in Spain, and if the amount involved is considerable, you might want to ask them to do it for you?
Happy New Year !!!

USINSPAIN
Resident

Postby USINSPAIN » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:34 pm

I had to send my IBI payment last year in Benalmadena and they reluctantly gave me there bank details which I still have so they will do it if they know its the only way you will pay them