Community AGM Help

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
doubleohseven
Tourist

Community AGM Help

Postby doubleohseven » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:55 pm

Hopefully I'm posting this in the correct section of the site!

Can someone help me with this?
Can a non owner of a community sit in on an AGM if we don't want them there?
I thought they couldn't as you had to prove you were a coefficient owner on that community.

He attends because he holds 1 proxy vote from an owner and causes hell at every meeting but I still thought even to hold a proxy you had to be an owner on that community.

I hope I made sense?

Any help would be appreciated as there are a number of us that have said we dont want him to attend any more meetings if he's not legally allowed to.

Thanks
Cold beans aren't hot

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Re: Community AGM Help

Postby Miro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:55 am

I am not aware of any rule in the horizontal law that suggests owners can only give their proxy vote to another owner in the community. As long as the owner has given signed, written permission for this person to attend and vote on their behalf, I believe he has as much right to be there as any other owner.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

fyfin
Resident

Postby fyfin » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:25 am

Regrettably it doesn't have to be an owner. I have been given proxies for an adjacent building community so I know it to be a fact. It is really up to the President or Administrator to control the meeting. I am President of a community and would simply not tolerate unreasonable behaviour.
A man likes his wife to be just clever enough to appreciate his cleverness, and just stupid enough to admire it

doubleohseven
Tourist

Postby doubleohseven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:31 pm

Thanks for your answers. I was hoping it could only be owners as it seems this guy gets his kicks from just arguing every point and stretching out the meeting, the last one was 6 hours.

At the end of the day It's down to good management of the meeting and stopping him from doing it but I wonder what type of person enjoys gate crashing and kicking up a stick at someone else's AGM.

Thanks again for your help, hopefully we wont see him this year but I fear he'll be sitting there when we walk in.
:wtf:
Cold beans aren't hot

katy
Andalucia Guru

Postby katy » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:47 pm

There is always one like that (or more) At our first community meeting one German guy had a heart attack and died:

Miro
Andalucia Guru

Postby Miro » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:03 pm

That's awful!
At our inaugral community meeting back in 2004, one of the new owners physically attacked the developer and had to be restrained.
The AGMs of another community where we owned a property (which we never attended) regularly ran all day and often needed the police to be called in!
Oh, how I miss all that :lolno:
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often

"Acquiring a dog may be the only opportunity a human ever has to choose a relative," Mordecai Siegal 1935-2010.

doubleohseven
Tourist

Postby doubleohseven » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:32 pm

Our longest was 9 hours. I think if he starts this time he's going to be removed and we're prepared to face the consequences.

Our word against his! haha

thanks again
Cold beans aren't hot