Official documentation of reaching pension age

Information and questions about the Law in Spain and Andalucia.
Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Re: Official documentation of reaching pension age

Postby Lavanda » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:04 pm

To be honest, it was agreed I was retired and that all was correct in the practical, physical world but they want some imaginary bit of paper. I think I might draw up the document myself using my skills on Photoshop. That's a joke. Actually it is a joke.

The other bonkers thing going on is that the local Register of Properties wants our wedding licence translated into Spanish. That should be interesting; the translation of a series of English names into Spanish. Hum ...

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:59 pm

:lolno: :crazy: :roll:

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:07 am

This has not yet been resolved. It seems the person dealing with this at the bank never sent on any of the documents she asked me to provide and, in fact, did nothing but be nice to me face-to-face and then ... nada. I've now got a new person at the bank who, of course, asked for all the documents the bank already has somewhere on the other person's desk. He's now got all the stuff so it will be interesting to see what happens next ... maybe ... sometime this year ... perhaps.

The only consolation is that my bank statements clearly show the sum of money as belonging to me. I just can't get it ... yet.

Seems I am finally used to life in Spain as I don't expect much will happen any time soon ...

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:09 am

PS The translation of the document has reached the stage of having an official copy made with the Apostille attached and now the translator wants a photocopy from which to do the translation. ¿Qué? If a photocopy was sufficient why did I get an official copy made? Who knows ...

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:58 pm

and meanwhile, all this is costing you money and time ... for something that is yours by right - I feel a moan to the bank manager, with copy to the bank's head office, coming on ... This really is getting ridiculous!

knowal
Resident

Postby knowal » Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:36 pm

What do they regard as pensionable age? 65?
Then I can't see what is wrong with a birth certificate, or a passport showing your date of birth.
Spanish bureaucracy is what it is!

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:05 pm

It's because a birth certificate only shows your age. It does not show your entitlement to a pension. (So the bank told me and, they are right about that particular aspect of this mess.)

Lavanda
Andalucia Guru

Postby Lavanda » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:11 pm

SUCCESS!!! Finally, on the 28th May the money popped into my account. No word on why it took so long or on why they finally decided to give it to me but obviously I just needed patience! :wink:

Gasman
Resident

Postby Gasman » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 am

Patience solves all??!!
Congratulations!